Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

I lost it and i frostbit the life out of my stomach area. I dont know how long i held it on there, i was so angry and upset i was seeing red and couldnt think strait except that i should hurt. Now i have three larger than quarter blisters on my stomach, and a million smaller ones. Anything i should do to treat them? ive treated a 5x3inch one before, but do the same rules apply to these... help???
  2. ThornThatNeverHeals

Two of the big blisters joined together to create a huge blister. It just popped and hurts like crazy... i cut of the little layer of old skin, and applied triple antibiotic cream to it, and covered it with a bandage... is that ok??
  3. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are treating the injury correctly. When applying lotions etc to the area try not to rub them around too much as prodding and rubbing the frostbite will irritate it and slow your body's natural healing of the area.

Of course going to a doctor to get yourself checked out is the best thing you can do but if you dont, keep a close check on how its healing. Infection could set in easily when skin leyers are missing and if you even suspect you have an infection then you have to go to the doctors.

I really hope you can keep yourself from frostbite-ing again but if times get hard and you do it again, you should immeadiatly immerse the area in warm water (not hotter than 40 degrees C) and warm the area slowly. Bare in mind that the re-warming will likely be really painful.
    After that you should go to the doctors.

I hope things get better for you. Feel free to sling me a pm whenever you want.
  4. ThornThatNeverHeals

I tried to change the bandage on it, and it had healed into the bandage, I think i tore all the heal off of it, and it hurts like hell, plus its bleeding. What do i do???
  5. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

In the future do not pop or damage the blister if it's bad, as it increases the chance of infection. You are supposed to clean and dress the wound before putting the bangage on then leave it, everytime you expose the wound you are increasing the chance it will get infected. I would keep doing what you are doing but add a dressing if possible and just keep an eye out for the signs of infection like red rash around wound, sore to touch and if you get that go to your doctor to stop it getting worse.
  6. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Thorn, it sounds like it needs to be seen by a doctor.

I don't know how possible this is for you, under your circumstances, but would be best.

Burns can get infected easily and that would be bad.

soft :hug: and I hope for the best.
  7. ThornThatNeverHeals

i dont understand what you mean by dressing a wound. Im trying to change the bandage fairly often to keep it from sticking and tearing it worse. I did not intentionally pop it, my dog pushed his nose into and causing it to pop.

i cannot go to a doctor.
  8. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

9. ThornThatNeverHeals

thank you, the outer edges are mostly new skin now, though the middle bleeds frequently. It is constantly weeping. I still think its healing well though. No sighns of infection or anything at least.
  10. ThornThatNeverHeals

on the left of the wound there is this irritated spot on my skin, it been here since yesterday afternoon. Its not lines, it more of a dotted rash, is this bad?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.