Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I really need some help, I don't know what to do anymore... I'm new at this sort of things (forum)...

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Please... Someone?

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi and welcome...are you safe? That is my first concern. If not, please keep medical attention...if you are safe, what is going on?

1Lefty

SF Supporter
Well, you've come to the right place, I think most of us here have wanted to kill ourselves at one time or another. Why are you feeling this way?

We try to support each other here, and try to keep each other safe. Sometimes a little encouragement and compassion go a long ways.

I just need to talk to someone who understands what I'm going through. I'm feeling apathetic, I just don't know what's the use of being anymore. I refuse to live on sleeping pills forever and I can't overcome this.

Severijn

Some things that helped for me were:

1. Finding therapy. Finding a good counselor can do a lot of good. It can be the beginning of something new.

2. Taking medications (for a while)

3. Do exercise seriously for 4 times a week, to get my mind of depressive thoughts.

One thing you shouldn't do is keep walking around with the suicidal thoughts without taking any action. If your current life makes you feel miserable, you have to do some changes, such as contacting professional help.

I really think it’s easier for you to help me if I tell my whole story.
I’m Portuguese, so I’m sorry for my English.

A couple of years ago, when I was in high school, I started to have sleeping problems. I couldn’t fall asleep for hours, or I was waking up at 4am and couldn’t sleep anymore.
I’ve always been a good student, with good grades and it really pulled me down that I couldn’t pay attention in my classes. I still don’t know why this all started and maybe if I got medication then, I wouldn’t be like this now.
Then my grandmother died. She was very important in my life and the funeral was the worst experience of my life, I have it stuck in my memory and I remember it every day.
Some people say that I would be better if I believed in God, because then I would know that she’s ok, in heaven, looking out for me. But I really don’t.
I missed that year in high school and I had to do it all over again, since I was having such bad grades and I was crying all the time, even in the middle of the classes.
However, then I had some friends, that actually were supportive. They’re all gone now, probably had enough of it.
When my sleeping problems started, I was seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist, and I started my medication, with an anti-depressant and some sleeping pills.
After my grandmother died, I tried to kill myself with those pills.
Then I wouldn’t stop. I was always cutting myself, I needed to feel something, because I was so numb.
After that repeated year on high school, I went to college. I really hated that people and I freaked out and got off college too. I was a full year at home, in bed, doing nothing.
This year,I got back to college and I was better. I stopped seeing my psychologist because it just didn’t work for me, I can’t do that.
I’m still medicated but I’m so tired…
Every day that I get up of bed, I feel an automaton or a robot, I’m always sad and now I’ve been feeling very depressed again.
I don’t see what’s the point of moving on with this, I tried so hard to get better and got even worst.
I just want an end to all of this, I’m exhausted.
Please help me, you’re kind of my last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00