Help?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cutterschoice, Jul 15, 2012.

1. cutterschoice

cutterschoice New Member

Hi there, I'm new, and I thought here would be a good place to seek some advice.

My girlfriend broke up with me recently. She said it was because she wanted a break, due to both our lives being stressful. She said she didn't want us to bring each other down, or distract ourselves from focusing on really important things, like therapy etc. We both suffer from mental illnesses, but we are very well within ourselves and are both seeking the right treatment.

She said that she still wanted to keep in contact, and hang out, like friends do. And she said that she hopes we can get back together in the future when we are a little more sorted. But the thing is, she's broken up with me before, for similar reasons, last year. I was heart broken. When we got back together, she promised she'd never leave me again, but I guess things change.

So, I have a lot of conflicting emotions. Anger, for letting her break my heart again despite all the promises she made. Sadness, because I'm alone again and she was my rock, and now I can't even seem to look after myself properly (I haven't been eating well, sleeping well, or going to my appointments). But I'm also hopeful. I want her back, so I'm more than willing to give her all the time she needs. But, if it turns out she doesn't take me back, I am convinced I will go down a dark route of self-destruction. Should I let her go, and block all contact with her, which will lead to me falling into a deep depression? Or shall I do what I originally intended, which was to give her some time? She is my soul mate, I'll never find anyone else like her. And no, I'm NOT just saying that.

She's going on holiday to visit her parents overseas at the end of this month, I've decided to wait until she comes back before I ask her for a coffee and a chat. Do you reckon that's too soon to start up the conversation about our relationship again, or shall I wait longer, or even until she initiates the first contact?

Your advice would be much appreciated, and please don't be harsh about her. I know I should be the one who is angry with her, but I am not. Her reasons for breaking up were sound reasons, and I understand her viewpoint entirely. Please, just tell me what the best course of action is for me. Thank you.

CC

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

It's a very difficult situation. It sounds like she wants you both to focus on being well, which is quite important and will strengthen a relationship. It sounds like she wants to keep in contact with you, maybe just give you both a little space for a while, then see how things go from there.

3. cutterschoice

cutterschoice New Member

Thank you for your reply, Lexi. I thought I'd give you an update.

She sent me an email being really horrible about me and she has decided to cut me out of her life. I was upset at first, devastated in fact, but now I'm happy I'm free of someone so rude and unforgiving.

Single life again, can't be so bad, can it?