help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lotr2012, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotr2012

lotr2012 Active Member

i'm having a really rough time and could use some advice on ways to help. i have been having severe episodes of depression. i don't get the manic stage, but i'll go rapidly from feeling just ok, to being severely depressed and suicide. i'm not sleeping, or sleeping to much. sometimes i will go days without sleeping, and some days i sleep all day long. the other day i was awake for only three hours, and then during that time, i randomly started sobbing my eyes out three seperate times for no reason. i am having severe urges to just hurt myself and go to the hospital. i moved from north carolina to texas to be close to my dad who is my only support and he has given up on me. he told me today that i am to unstable to be around family and attend his wedding this weekend. he also told me that when he is on his honeymoon the week after the wedding, i can't call him even if i am going to the hospital. i feel so empty and helpless. its hard to get better when several times a day i get severely depressed. what do i do? i feel that my only options are to die, or live in a hospital. please any advice would be helpful.

2. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

Hi there. I'm not sure but I think there may be a chance that you have the second type of bipolar. I don't have it but I read about it. Have you been to the doc to get diagnosed and have you considered meds. That might help you for a short while. I can totally relate to the lack of support from your dad that seems to be a common trend in many families. Find a therapist for help and support (if not already). He/she might be able to get to the bottom of why you feel depressed. Make some friends who have similar issues like yourself who can will support you and make you feel less lonely. Tackle your depression one day at a time and use a calendar to tick off each successful day to see your progress. Keep venting if needed and don't give up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.