Helping a Friend

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Keiran, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I haven't posted here in a long time. Probably since the beginning of 2011. It's been a long year of ups and downs. But today I did not come for someone to save me. I'm here for another reason.

So about a half a year ago or so, I met this girl at work. She was new, and I started talking to her. Eventually after a bunch of stuff happened, we became best friends. She called me like every night, which was weird considering she had a boyfriend. But, lets look past that for now. She has been through some hard times, and it kinda made me realize that my life isn't as bad as I've always thought. But it seems things for her have gotten so bad, and she has had these thoughts before, but this time it is worse than she has ever experienced. I've been trying to help her, but there's only so much I can do.

I was talking to her last night, but it was really bad, and it seems that any second she can just disappear. I just don't know what to do anymore.

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I would suggest (tactfully of course) that she visit this forum (which also has sub-forums for self-harm, depression, etc.) or the Samaritans.

Being a good listener for her is important, but she may also need therapy/treatment or medication.

She may be more receptive if the suggestion comes from more than one source.

Good luck

3. 1234567890

1234567890 Member

I would say samaritans is best if you live ina country which has it, because its immediate. goodluck with this tricky problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.