helping other people and how it helps us

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by justmeonlyme, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

ok so i was talking to a friend tonight shes been in a really bad place she told me that she nearly attempted tonight. i told her that if she felt like this again then she should text me. i worry alot about her shes a very dear friend. her reply to this was that she doesnt want to upset or bring me down and that she noes i have my own stuff to fight, i told her that she wasnt going to bring me down and her not talking to me because i have my own proplems is just going to make things worse because its like ok so because i have my own proplems i cant help others, i dint no how it is for the rest of the people on here but for me its helping others that keeps me going i would have given up along time ago if there wernt people who needed me. even at my worst im still there for others its what holds me together i was just wondering are there others like this like my other friend the other day was asking me how i could keep it so together for everyone else when i was falling apart she said that when she was at her worst all she wanted to to was hide from the world not be out there helping others. what is it that makes our responces to our hard times so diffrent why is it that i deal with my own stuff by helping others and she hides?
    idk what the point of this was i just got to thinking and yea idk...
    sorry for wasting peoples time.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

could have been me writing your post...I understand exactly what you're saying...
    if it wasn't for helping (trying to) others I wouldn't have any reason to exist....
  3. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

yea its weird though how some of us helping others is why we fight for others idk what im on about sorry its late lol and i lost my train of though i think im going to stop writing now sorry
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Emma,
    Your not wasting anyones time.. Come here to talk or even vent.. I know what you mean about helping others..It makes you feel good if you can make a difference in just one persons life..It's a bonus when they PM you and tell you thank you.,..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.