Helpless, suicidal, as usual...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dosFREAK, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dosFREAK

dosFREAK Well-Known Member

I just do not know what to do anymore! I just found out that colleges in Japan will not accept stupid people who are currently in special ed in a trashy public school like me... I am starting high school in a few days, I have 4 years before college, but I am not going to a private high school, so I will not even have the slightest chance of having a life in Tokyo, so, either I am going to kill myself after a few years, and I still cannot find a way to live in Tokyo, or if I have to stay in this stupid A$#%@%# (Evil US), then I will just have to start taking a combination of drugs, to escape reality, while picturing myself in Japan, I really do not know what to do anymore, I hate the US, and I want to escape this nightmare, but I just do not know what to do!!!

Should I start taking drugs if things do not go my way, or commit suicide, or is there a way to accomplish my dream???

2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Why are you so set on living in Japan?

3. dosFREAK

Japan is a beautiful place, not too many gangs live there, no rednecks, really decent people, beautiful mountain national parks of its own kind, and lastly, girls from there are beautiful, but everything about America is ugly, people are not very nice, especially Dallas, where I live, there are A BUNCH of rednecks where I live that believe in the EVIL catholic religion that is a disgrace to all mankind, and it is so F%$^#^# flat, WHAT THE F%$^ man, there is nothing to do, and Japan has everything, on one convenient island, mountain ranges, walking distance shops, mountain national parks nearby, but none of that is in the cow state of T%$#%, where people are mean, and I like Japanese, and the UK accent better than the disgraceful, plain A%$^%&%$ accent, I just want to move out of this hell!!

4. tired_baer

tired_baer Member

You know what, I'm new here and don't want to speak out of turn but your post is really irritating. The bottom line is, if you can't get your life together in America you can't get it together anywhere. There is a reason people risk life and limb, and stuff themselves in railroad cars in 120 degree heat to get to America.

Whatever your problems, or my problems might be, rest assured they aren't the fault of America. Take some responsibility for your problems, as I do. Your demons are exactly that, "your demons", not America's demons.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007
  5. ace

ace Well-Known Member

dos just because you find thing's bad in one part of the country it doesn't mean it's like that all over.You know more than I do America is a huge country and there are heaps of other part's of the country you can try and live in.Don't think because you're finding it hard in one place it's generalised to the whole country.

6. shadi_saleh

shadi_saleh Active Member

Perseverance is what you need to show. And coloring everything in a such a negative shade will not get you anywhere. Sooner or later, you will find that negativities you saw in the US will start to appear in Japan and shroud everything you once thought was gold. It's not that things around you are shitty , its your mind thats perceiving them as such, and until you can see things in another light, it is only inevitable that you'll drown deeper in this mire of negativity you have created.

Look, I'm in my third year of university, been dealing with depression and psychosis from a young age. Trust me its hard. Its damn hard. The only advice I can give you once again is to persevere. Things do get better later on.

7. There are other ways for you to live your dream and go to Japan, I promise. There are ways around the system, my sister lives in Korea and I've heard about ways to live in asia.

(I think if you get a travel visa and then find a job there they'll let you stay, i dunno do your research)

Try hard in school you don't have to go to special ed classes do you? Do your best give it 100% and your dream will come true. Never give up, never pull the trigger.

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Perhaps not. But that doesn't mean there isn't something fundamentally wrong with the way people live. And the way people force everyone else to live.

I often feel the same way the OP does and it has not escaped me that suicide is not an exclusively American thing. It's pretty much global. However, last time I checked the statistics, it did seem to be more prevelant in some places than others. America was on the lower end of the scale, I believe.

However, if someone believes the culture of the country in which they live is making their life miserable, who are you to say they're wrong? How do you know? Live a lifetime in his shoes and see if you still feel that way. If not, maybe assumptions aren't the best way to go.

And there's a reason people don't. There are billions of people in the world as opposed to 300,000,000 Americans. Not everyone wants to live here. Of those who do, are you sure they know what it's really like here? Are you sure they aren't chasing a dream? Of those who make it work, are you sure they aren't just the lucky ones?

He didn't say what his demons were. How do you know they're his alone?

9. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I'm have a feeling I'm going to come off as an assholic jerk here, I don't mean to be so please forgive me in advance. DosFreak seems to be a textbook wapanese otaku, he loves watching Japanese animation, their comic books and videogames and so he is drawn to Japan like many of his type are.

DosFreak, that is a silly reason to be going to Japan. Japan is not a good country for foreigners, theirs is a very homogeneous society and closed off. They are already having trouble with their low birth rate and the last thing they want is to bring in more foreingers, especially those who are otakus. There are very few foriengers in Japan and most of them are Chinese and Koreans. They won't be very open to you. How would you like it if some people only wanted to live in the U.S.A because they love American comics and Hollywood movies? Isn't it downright silly?

I know I seem to be squashing your dreams and I'm sorry, but even if you get there, it won't be all rosy and nice. Its very expensive to live there as well, very crowded. Even there, you may be bullied even worse than here.

Don't put off America just because of your difficulties now. I came to the U.S in 1998 from Saudi Arabia where I had a lot of friends and even now, was the best years of my life there. I came to a bad inner-city school here in 5th grade and was tormented, had no friends, so alone and sad. the school as all blacks and Hispanics and I was the only Indian there, no, the only non Black and Hispanic there and was really picked on and left out of everything. And its messed me up from this day actually. And I hated this country just like you are right now. But things have gotten better and I like this country more. Don't put off the USA just because of the bad school your in.

Whose to say that going to Japan will be paradise, there's lots of difficulties there. And you seem to be drawn to that country only because of their pop culture, which is an extremely silly reason to move there. There's a lot of wapanese otakus just like you that wish to live in Japan but its just not practical, its totally silly and ridiculous.

I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk, I really am not. Just saying the truth is all. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  10. dosFREAK

No, dude, I am drawn to Japan, because I have met people from Japan, and they are very nice, and I almost never have to drive if I live in Japan, everything is nearby, there are more things to do, these are the reasons why I want to live there, and it is much easier to obtain Japan only games, so I don't have to get it imported, are these reasons silly to you????? If you guys want me to stay in the US, fine, I might try Los Angeles... Not going to be the same as my dream destination, but, I guess I have no other choice but to stay in the US...

11. tired_baer

tired_baer Member

No one is forced to live any way in this country. That is the beauty of it. If you want to be a CEO of a corporation, that opportunity is there for you. If you want to collect tin cans and push a shopping cart through an alley you can do that as well.

I don't have to say it. The masses of people trying to get into this country is proof enough. I see lots of people trying to get in, but I don't see too many lining up to get out. The originator of this thread is only kidding himself if he thinks a relocation will make his demons go away. I've tried it and it doesn't work, and I'll wager it doesn't work for the majority of people.

If you are blessed with good health and a capable body, you make your own luck in the USA. There are opportunities at every turn. Those that persevere will find them.

To the originator of this post, I hope you do find a place that might make your transition to happiness a little easier. If you are thinking about L.A. think again. I spent most of my life there. It's a tough town, and isn't real kind to new comers.

12. Pearl

Pearl Member

Wow, I'm in the opposite boat as you. I'm stuck in the giant hell hole named JAPAN!!!! I apologize about the language, but I am terribly depressed that I am here right now. I am half Japanese and prefer the diversity we enjoy in America. I'm sick of being treated like a foreigner here. Other than that, the living costs here in Tokyo is sky high and life is generally much easier in America.

The thing I hate most about Japan are the men. Japanese men tend to be sexist, insecure, and selfish because this is a male dominated country. We also have foreign men in Japan but they aren't much better. Most fall under the category of "Charisma Men", who are usually Western men who have difficulty meeting women in their own countries. Thus, they come to Japan to score Japanese girlfriends. That wouldn't sound so bad, if only they kept their egos in check and refrained from badmouthing Western women everywhere they went. They also come off as racists because they claim to date only Asian women. These men seem happy though.

As for "traditional" Japanese women, they are raised to satisfy the desires of Japanese men. Considering how insecure Japanese men are, it's no surprise that Japanese women have to appeal their weakness to be approachable. They do this by walking pigeon-toed, usually combined with bad posture (like shoulders slightly hunched and slumped forward). When you speak to them, they tend to lack creativity and usually goes along with whatever the man decides. Furthermore, please be warned that the concept of "good dental hygiene" hasn't caught up with the majority of folks here. Personally, I cannot view many of these women as being beautiful.

That said, if you want to relocate to Japan, you're still a young guy so you might get the opportunity in the future. Hang in there. I think it's worth it.

13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

There's not much beautiful about the world or this country. You're lying to yourself but that's OK. As long as you're happy. But if you're so happy, why are you here?

Well, if you're in a toilet, climbing onto a turd is better than being in the water, I guess.

You're probably right there because as I said. There's a fundamental problem with the way we live. Not just in America. Some people aren't cut out for it. We can make it work if we really wear ourselves down to a nub but we have to work at it a lot harder than most.

Well, I wasn't blessed with either good health or a capable body. And I'll tell you something else. Life IS luck. You could be me. Or you could be the OP. Each and every one of us are who we are by sheer chance. If one sperm had been just a little faster than the other, who knows?

So. You're lucky if you're even capable of doing what it takes to just get by in life. And you're really lucky if it works. And you're truly blessed if you ever get ahead.

And guess what? Our fellow Americans, being the generous CHAMPS that they are won't hesitate to KICK you when you're down. Or just step on your back and keep going. And they're not too fond of government programs to help people who can't help themselves either. Yeah. Such lovely people, they. Mention universal healthcare and watch them bristle. Mention just about any social program and see how fast it turns into an argument.

I could go on all day but what's the point? We obviously are looking at things from totally different perspectives. If you're ever down (and I mean really down), take a look around. America looks a lot better if you don't look at it too closely.

14. tired_baer

tired_baer Member

I guess so.

Good health is one of the few things in life that I believe is by and large dependent on luck. That was why I qualified my statement with regard to good health being a prerequisite.

I wish you the best in your health.

I will just ask you one question. You seem to be disenchanted with the U.S. and said we have to work at life harder than most. Where exactly on planet earth do you feel you would be better off or could improve your lot in life?

15. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, I think I mentioned that I have no love lost on humanity or life in general. I don't think anybody has it right yet or if anybody ever will.

I find a lot of people seem like soulless mannequins...caring only for themselves, if they care for anyone at all.

I think, perhaps, a few European countries are doing more right than wrong. But social customs are volatile and people are fickle.

I just think I see disgusting things creeping up in American culture that will poison anything that's healthy. America really isn't any worse than most other places. It's just that I dont' think it's everything it's cracked up to be.

16. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

That is a terrible thing to say.

17. dosFREAK

Really?! But, I have to take special ed, so I am nothing more than a piece of trash that goes to public school in burning hell, it is not that great... So, travel visa, eh, sounds great, I will probably do my research...

18. shadi_saleh

shadi_saleh Active Member

Doesn't matter if you go to special ed classes. Doesn't matter it will take you longer to complete your diploma/degree compared to your peers. The important thing is to persevere. Read my post in another thread.

http://www.suicideforum.com/showpost.php?p=284589&postcount=3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.