Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Melissalm, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissalm

Melissalm New Member

I've struggled with severe depression since I was a young child. Suicide has always been something I've wanted and have tried multiple times.

This year has been worse than the previous..and my story is truly a long one.

This year:
    I lost my dream job.
    I was injured during a tryout at the biggest sports entertainment company on earth and ruined my chances after working so hard for it for so long.
    I got pregnant, lost the baby.
    Met who I thought was the love of my love and got my heart broken multiples times by him throughout the year (long lobg story)
    Lost my apartment and had to move back in with my mom.
    Overdosed again, ending up in the ER. I almost went into cardiac arrest.
    And to top it all off... My mom just passed away a few days before thanksgiving. She was my everything.

I still live in her apartment with all of her stuff.. My grandfather pays the rent and will only pay a few more months, until I get rid of my moms stuff and pack everything...which is not easy..

I'm a mess. I honestly don't know how to handle life.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hi Melissalm - welcome to SF. I moved your post into a forum where people would see it.

I am sorry that you are going through all of that - it sounds incredibly difficult and exhausting. It is easy to feel overwhelmed by life when so many things go so wrong in such a short space of time. The good news is that life CAN be rebuilt - its not easy and its rarely quick, but it is possible. Just take each thing separately and tackle them one step at a time. Speak to your doctor and see what there is available by way of support. And of course, talk to us here. You are not alone.

Take care and stay safe,

2 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi melissa, so sorry for all you have gone through this year, that sounds like hell on earth but your feelings do not have to be permanent, please seek professional help, they can guide you on your road to recovery. Good luck with everything x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.