helpless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lizzy95, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzy95

Lizzy95 Member

I have no reason to be upset, but I guess I'm just severely depressed. I don't understand what's wrong with me but no matter what, all I want to do is sleep and cry. I've been hospitalized, I'm on medication, I see a therapist, I do coping methods and nothing works. I feel like a lost cause. I don't know what else to do. No one knows what to tell me. I feel like I'm just a burden to everyone, I'm so loved and cared about but I can't snap out of this. I don't want to hurt everyone and I feel like that's the only reason I'm alive. I know killing myself would hurt them. The only other reason is that I'm terrified of the after life but I'm living everyday miserably. I can't go on

2. meta4

meta4 New Member

There are several things all of us can do to sort of re-set ourselves. A couple books that have greatly helped me understand my depression are The Depression Cure by Dr. Stephen Ilardi. and Wired For Joy by Laurel Mellin. Both these books will help you understand exactly why you are upset and give specific things you can do to feel better. For example, The Depression Cure book shows that we all need the following things each day: Omega 3 supplements, vitamin D, sunlight, exercise, time with people, engaging activities and good sleep. Missing any one of these things can cause depression, and adding these things can cure it. The Wired for Joy book clearly explains how the brain works and why you feel depressed. It gives very specific instructions on what to think about to break out of it As I said, this information has really helped me. Hope it helps you. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.