Her Birthday...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by ~PinkElephants~, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Tomorrow is Laura's 20th birthday. It's been almost 5 months since she's passed. It's still hard on Dylan that's for sure, probably twice as hard for my brother, Shaun. I know both of their lives were altered dramatically. Dylan still has random moments where he'll think of her or see something that reminds him of her and he'll burst into tears. The sound of him crying alone breaks my heart but then the added questions of why her kills me.

It's hard. It'll get easier but it'll never be okay. He's too little to have suffered so much. He loved her alot. He talks about her alot of the time. The poem he wrote for school was really sad. It basically revolved around her and how he knew she was in a better place but that it still hurts all the same. He knows. He's a smart kid. He knows she's watching him.

I think we'll get balloons for tomorrow and send them to heaven again. That way he can feel that she's here...at least for a moment.

Happy Birthday Laura. I know for a fact Shaun and Dylan will always love you. Always.

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

:hug: both you and Dylan

3. ~PinkElephants~

thanks Jani for replying. Much :hug: to you too. You've always have been and always will be a sweetheart.

4. ~PinkElephants~

Poor Dylan. He breaks my heart. He just came downstairs to my bedroom crying his eyes out. The conversation was basically him saying he missed Laura and he didn't want his daddy or I or nayone he loved to die again. He also said that we're the best things that happened to him and he loved us so much. It hurts to know that this child knows what experiencing death feels like. He's 8 and he's faced so many tragedies in his life. It's just not right, nor is it fair.

he's going to Laura's sister's house soon to visit her. He's bringing his poem he wrote about how he knows Laura's in a better place but he stillf eels sad. Ugh..it just breaks my heart.

5. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

tough... :sad: sorry

he's such a strong kid...the fact that he's dealing this well shows his resilience

as well as yours, and your brothers, and others involved...

:hug: good luck with this

i'm just a couple clicks away if you need to toss some words around