Here I am

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by hardlife, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardlife

hardlife Well-Known Member

So i'm quite new in here and now I'm gonna introduce myself. Which is not easy. Some of you might don't like what I'm saying. But i wanna be honest.

I've got several diagnoses and one of them is pedophilia. I'm not a criminal or a sex offender, but it means that I'm attracted to children and not adults. That is something I've dealt with since I was a juvenile and it has affected my life in many ways. Because of this I'm not allowed to talk to you on the chat. I've also got borderline and avoidant personality disorder, anxiety, depression, OCD and adjustment disorder.

I like to help others and I think I have learned a lot by having these issues. One of the most important things I've learned is that you should not judge people for their feelings or thoughts. So no matter how shameful something is, I would listen. I know all about having your self-image destroyed.

I'm concerned about human rights and I pray for a world where we all support each other whatever issue we're dealing with.
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi hardlife, welcome.. do not know what has happened to you the pedophilla is an issue with you but do hope you are able to control it now.. my ealy life caused me to almost take an action at about age 13 or so against a minor child. an very thankful that i never did take that action and not thought about going there since.. say this now cause i have never gotten to admitting it here before and something needed saying probably..

can identify with you some.. i have done ocd, depression and other MI's like you also.. would like to hear how some of this has gone for you and what is like for you now..

hope to hear more from you.. tc, Jim
  3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Welcome, Hardlife. I hope you'll find the same encouragement and support that many others found (and are finding here).

As far as your diagnosis, as long as you aren't acting on those thoughts or impulses, I personally have no problem with you.

If I were to be prosecuted for everything that MY mind produced, I would probably be considered a murderer (several times over), arsonist, thief, well you get the idea.A good friend once told me "They don't lock you up for thinking crazy, they lock you up for acting crazy"

I hope you are getting counseling (for ALL of your mental needs), and hope you post here again. You've come to a good place.
  4. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to SF. I hope you find what you are looking for here on the site. If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me. <3
  5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forum. It does take a lot to be honest and I appreciate that. I hope you find help and support here.
  6. hardlife

hardlife Well-Known Member

Thanks alot!

I'm not used to be welcomed. I have been banned from several mental forums because of my diagnosis. I'm already banned from this chat only because of my diagnosis. And I don't feel welcome on earth.

But obvious there are some love and care out there in this world :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.