Here I go again

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by kushioncut, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kushioncut

kushioncut Active Member

went to my fam dr today to follow up with last wee.couldnt sleepks hospitallization. I told her i was still in a lot of back/leg pain. She gave me prednisone for pain, and some other things to try at home like hydrotherapy.She also told me to alternate tylenol with ibuprofen every two hours if i count know what to do anymore.n. I just doldnt sleep due to pain. I She took me out of eork for 2 weeks, I am sitting here anxious as alll heck, part due to pain, snd popping the tylonol like candy i just dont know what to do,

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Did the doctor determine the cause of your back and leg pain?

3. kushioncut

kushioncut Active Member

The back pain is herniated discs. She thinks the leg pain is from complex regional pain syndrome that I was diagnosed with four years ago from a foot surgery gone wrong.

4. pickwithaustin

Are they scheduling surgery of any kind for the herniated discs? Can the surgery on the foot be corrected?

5. kushioncut

kushioncut Active Member

No surgery even being talked about for back. The foot issue/ leg issue is from complex regional pain syndrome which cant be corrected surgically.
    After what happened to me last week, I am afraid to tell my dr and counselor that I have started popping the tylenol again. i just cant live like this, between the physical pain and the emotional pain.

6. pickwithaustin

I would think that excessive Tylenol will eventually begin to cause other problems (liver, etc.). Why are they not exploring the possibilities of surgery for correcting the back? Have you sought out a second opinion at all?

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I can relate somewhat, because my boyfriend is in chronic pain every day, I know how hard it can be to live every day life in day to day pain. I hope the medications help you out and if they don't make sure you go back to your doctor :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.