1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here it goes.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by querida, Oct 15, 2006.

1. querida

querida Well-Known Member

I'm not really expecting anyone to reply to this, or even read it. I just thought I'd take advantage of the whole 'let it out thing'. I figured that writing about my experiences might help me sort out the mess in my head.

I know why I started to get depressed. When I was 16 I was on my way home from work and I was raped by a stranger. It made me feel dirty and bad for a long time and for ages I was scared to tell anybody. The problem was I was sad all the time, crying, not sleeping, having panic attacks, started to cut myself and was planning on commiting suicide. My friends at school knew I wasn't happy but I couldn't tell them why I was so upset. One time I had a panic attack at school and my head of sixth form stayed with me and talked to me, eventually I told her what had happened (with alot of prompting mind) and she told my parents. They were all great and didn't press me to tell them more. I spent the next year putting all my efforts into trying to convince eveyone around me that I was fine, but I'm no actress and eventually, knowing I was no longer any fun and not knowing how to help me, all my friends turned away from me.

While I was 17 I met a guy called Steve and from the beginning I wanted him to like me so tried harder to be happy infront of him than infront of anyone else. We started going out and I fell in love with him. He was amazing, he seemed to worship me and after a few months I even told him what had happened and he was really amazing and supportive, after about 6 months he proposed to me. I had never been that happy, I stopped cutting and everything seemed so so much better. I even got into university and made new amazing friends and Steve and I caried on fine for about anothe 6 months, but then we started to argue all the time, he started slagging me off all the time and even starte hitting me. I didn't care I need to be with him to be happy. But then in August of this year he finally finished it. I am heart broken, I can't stop thinking about everything and have been gradually slipping deeper and deeper back into depression and there is nothing I can do it.

My housemates are really trying to help me feel better but there isn't anything that they can do to help. I have been cutting myself again and smoking weed to try and numb the pain. It doesn't really work though. I cry pretty much all the time. I speak to Steve sometimes, but hes not really that nice to me. I think he wants sex and talking to him makes me feel worse, however I am hopeful that we can get back together. I am scared because I automaticly try and pretend to everyone that everything is ok when they know its not and I'm worried that I will eventually push away all my new friends at uni, like I did my old ones and then I will be all alone again. Being alone scares me, my mind goes crazy and I act stupid. I know that there is somthing seriously wrong with me, but there is nothing I can do to help myself.