Here To Help

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Whispers, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whispers

Whispers Banned Member

Hello, everyone. Your community is now +1. It is a pleasure to meet each and every one of you wonderful people. I've been looking around for about a week and there are some terrific people here as well as a good forum and community and wanted to be a part of it and see if I can possibly help some people and offer some advice.

I have always enjoyed helping people and was pretty good at it. I was a police officer for 33-years, many of which as a crisis negotiator, dealing with hostage, suicide and other similar situations. I however must stress I have no degrees in psychology or any similar field, just criminal justice and history. I am, however, extremely proficient at helping those in crisis, giving them a moment of pause, because that is what we all need at times; just a break from life and to just sit in peace and think rationally for a few moments. I am also good at helping individuals in a long-term manner.

Since this is an introduction thread, I'll give you some random bits from my world. I'm old (HAH), served in the Navy for 10-years, mostly on subs including the Vietnam War, did 33-years as a cop and now operate my own surveillance and security consulting company.

I like electronics, animals, fishing, Da Bears, coin collecting, Elvis, sports, bird watching, history, gambling, anything military, politics, reading, gardening, ham radios and helping people.

Once again I'm happy to be here and look forward to meeting each and every one of you. If you need anything from me, don't be afraid to ask. I'm here to help.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Welcome and this is such a gracious offer...please remember that we are also here to support you...with all you have been through, I am sure you too can use caring and our good graces...thank you again, and please let us know how you are doing

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi and warm welcome to you whispers.. i am 65 in another month and was around during the viet nam era.. male , got a 35 yr old disabled son who lives with me.. i got a support system already which if forced to sometimes use.. would like to be your friend over time and a bit at a time.. love to talk about this business called life and all the joys and missteps gone thru over the years... whispers hope to hear from you some more.. tc, Jim

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to SF, Whispers! :shake: Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

5. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Hello Whispers

Its good to have you here :)

6. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Whispers, you are a blessing to many people. Thank you for being here!

7. Jelly

Jelly Well-Known Member

That grace...

Welcome to the community, very glad to have you!

8. Welcome to the forum and hope you feel comfortable here. :hug:
    Thanks for offering some words of wisdom. I am 26 and despite helping people I whine a lot too. :lol!: see you around soon. :)

9. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Thank you for this very kind offer, Sir. I really look forward to speaking to you soon.

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Welcome and thank you for your offer of support :arms:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Whispers. Thank you for your offer of support to members. Remember that peer to peer support goes both ways. If you need a listening ear, we are here for you as well. I hope to get to know you better. Take care :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.