Here we go again

Legate Lanius

Fucking garbage, decided to eat some oatmeal and tuna, had some coffee. I know why I was so "mindful" the other days: I ate practically nothing. As soon as I got some extra energy I got fucking frustrated and hateful again. Seriously, WHY are we OVERPOPULATED? Can the politicians not get a hold of something so basic as the god-damned number of inhabitants? Can they not count? THERE ARE FIVE FUCKING PEOPLE FOR EVERY TOILET-CLEANING JOB. I have to do zoom group interviews with twenty other applicants TO WORK AS A PHONE SALESMAN with NO GUARANTEED PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if I am "lucky" enough to get a job? Then I am still unable to get a gf. Tried tinder for three years and paid money for it, too. But NO, no one wanted to date me SINCE THERE ARE, AGAIN, FIVE FUCKING GUYS LINING UP FOR EVERY WOMAN. I'm also unable to get an apartment or house of my own, since that would require SEVERAL YEARS of saving to afford THE FUCKING DOWN-PAYMENT.

STOP BREEDING, WE ARE FUCKING FULL.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I looked for a different job a while back, quit my job and lived off my 401K for several months, went to truck driving school and failed that. That will cost me $150 per month for 3 years. I am old and not as fast any more so was not able to find a job. THe place where I used to work hired me back and I do fine there, I produce a lot for low pay. Anyway I know the job market is tough. I don't have a girl friend either, I have given up on that. I feel your pain *hug10

Legate Lanius

I looked for a different job a while back, quit my job and lived off my 401K for several months, went to truck driving school and failed that. That will cost me $150 per month for 3 years. I am old and not as fast any more so was not able to find a job. THe place where I used to work hired me back and I do fine there, I produce a lot for low pay. Anyway I know the job market is tough. I don't have a girl friend either, I have given up on that. I feel your pain *hug10
Good that they let you back in man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking garbage, decided to eat some oatmeal and tuna, had some coffee. I know why I was so "mindful" the other days: I ate practically nothing. As soon as I got some extra energy I got fucking frustrated and hateful again. Seriously, WHY are we OVERPOPULATED? Can the politicians not get a hold of something so basic as the god-damned number of inhabitants? Can they not count? THERE ARE FIVE FUCKING PEOPLE FOR EVERY TOILET-CLEANING JOB. I have to do zoom group interviews with twenty other applicants TO WORK AS A PHONE SALESMAN with NO GUARANTEED PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if I am "lucky" enough to get a job? Then I am still unable to get a gf. Tried tinder for three years and paid money for it, too. But NO, no one wanted to date me SINCE THERE ARE, AGAIN, FIVE FUCKING GUYS LINING UP FOR EVERY WOMAN. I'm also unable to get an apartment or house of my own, since that would require SEVERAL YEARS of saving to afford THE FUCKING DOWN-PAYMENT.

STOP BREEDING, WE ARE FUCKING FULL.[/QUOf

for me its not necessarily that overpopulation is the problem, its mostly that people are trained and shown to be sadistic garbage with a value system that prioritizes spitting digestive juices into the brain and sucking out the remains

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Seriously, WHY are we OVERPOPULATED? Can the politicians not get a hold of something so basic as the god-damned number of inhabitants?
Ah, welcome to the Neo-Malthusians, brother. Join us, where discussion of the validity of population control measures is not just accepted, but encouraged. The Mouse Utopias show us the truth...

Nah, but for real, you'd likely find Malthusianism an interesting topic. It's all about how populations can grow exponentially, but the infrastructure that supports them can only grow incrementally, and this will always lead to chaos. And as such, the only truly moral path on this topic is to take measures to prevent further overpopulation. As much as some people may balk at the concept, their decision to prioritise their feel-goods over making the necessary pragmatic choices is what's going to lead us down the path to hell on earth.
Here's a great video talking about the Mouse Utopia experiments, which predict where this continued rampant reproduction will most likely lead us. We can already see parallels emerging. It's a longish video, but i think you might find that there's an ideology out there for you.

Legate Lanius

Ah, welcome to the Neo-Malthusians, brother. Join us, where discussion of the validity of population control measures is not just accepted, but encouraged. The Mouse Utopias show us the truth...

Nah, but for real, you'd likely find Malthusianism an interesting topic. It's all about how populations can grow exponentially, but the infrastructure that supports them can only grow incrementally, and this will always lead to chaos. And as such, the only truly moral path on this topic is to take measures to prevent further overpopulation. As much as some people may balk at the concept, their decision to prioritise their feel-goods over making the necessary pragmatic choices is what's going to lead us down the path to hell on earth.
Here's a great video talking about the Mouse Utopia experiments, which predict where this continued rampant reproduction will most likely lead us. We can already see parallels emerging. It's a longish video, but i think you might find that there's an ideology out there for you.
I know about the mouse utopia stuff, I thought that they failed to replicate tho. I'm not sure about that food and water would run out but rather that jobs would run out.

Lisa the Goatgirl

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I know about the mouse utopia stuff, I thought that they failed to replicate tho. I'm not sure about that food and water would run out but rather that jobs would run out.
Oh no, they did this experiment over and over again, and it kept happening. He did do experiments into designing mouse communities that would better withstand overpopulation, but those communities were designed from the get-go to be vastly more collaborative than any society humans do or have ever lived in. And i agree that food and water wouldn't be the issue so much as, as you say, unemployment, housing, crime rates, parasocial/toxic relationships, the increasing cost that would be associated with that food and water as it became a more valuable commodity. We'd be seeing more and more Grenfell Towers, more and more George Floyds, more extremist groups emerging claiming that the solution is to eradicate anyone who wasn't them.

Legate Lanius

Oh no, they did this experiment over and over again, and it kept happening. He did do experiments into designing mouse communities that would better withstand overpopulation, but those communities were designed from the get-go to be vastly more collaborative than any society humans do or have ever lived in. And i agree that food and water wouldn't be the issue so much as, as you say, unemployment, housing, crime rates, parasocial/toxic relationships, the increasing cost that would be associated with that food and water as it became a more valuable commodity. We'd be seeing more and more Grenfell Towers, more and more George Floyds, more extremist groups emerging claiming that the solution is to eradicate anyone who wasn't them.
Yeah, not sure about the scientific rigor of the whole thing; but the point that we get rekt by overpopulation stands.

Lisa the Goatgirl

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yeah, not sure about the scientific rigor of the whole thing; but the point that we get rekt by overpopulation stands.
Oh, i definitely agree on that. The Mouse Utopia experiments are nowhere near a perfect representation of how human society will behave, and scientifically speaking they don't really prove too much, so it would be faulty to point at them and suggest that's exactly how the world will go. The way it would play out among humans with their various unbalanced power structures will be vastly more complicated. It's just a really good analogy with a lot of parallels we can draw, to exemplify the philosophical point of where things seem to be taking us.

Legate Lanius

Oh, i definitely agree on that. The Mouse Utopia experiments are nowhere near a perfect representation of how human society will behave, and scientifically speaking they don't really prove too much, so it would be faulty to point at them and suggest that's exactly how the world will go. The way it would play out among humans with their various unbalanced power structures will be vastly more complicated. It's just a really good analogy with a lot of parallels we can draw, to exemplify the philosophical point of where things seem to be taking us.
Sure... or just, you know: unemployment bad, lack of housing bad, young frustrated men dangerous, etc. *hiding

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities

Yes you said it all the things I agree upon Legate. I dont have Tinder since I only have a flip phone since im old school but it dont sound like a nice place. Yeah first month last month security deposit and all that takes forever to get I been there.

That is why alot of people try to live with family or friends to save up for that and it takes forever believe me I feel you I been down that road.

I live in a cracker jack house I bought for 43,000 dollars, I put ten percent down that I saved by working for a year and the owner carried the papers so I payed 400 dollars a month plus 50 dollars interest, I payed for the house for 8 or so years now I own it.

For me it was better than when I used to rent because no one can kick me out of my crappy house if I dont make a rent payment.

Take care *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00