here we go again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by gothic_spleen, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gothic_spleen

gothic_spleen Antiquities Friend

Havent been here in quite sometime, but i have been feeling myself slip back into blown depression. I am working full time, and working on my masters in clinical psych(and i cant even fix myself). I have been caught in this downward spiral, and i fear that it will lead to the events in the past that lead me here. I cant seem to concentrate, sleep, or find the joy in anything.

I am missing my friends. My thought dwell on marcus a friend who died as a result of a drug overdose(died in my arms, from my drugs). They also dwell on a friend i made on this site. Someone i connected with, and not even from my own continent. This person, my friend, is also gone. what am i to do, i know as well as anyone the signs, the stats, the progression. But i cant seem to stop the spiral.

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply, only just seen this thread. It's good to see you around again although i'm sorry that it's not under better circumstances. Sounds like you're really busy what with work and your masters..

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friends and also that you're feeling stuck in the spiral of depression. Are you on any medication for depression? I wonder if this would help? Or do you see a therapist who you could confide in and maybe work on ways to stop the spiral.. i hear you are aware of the signs and know on a thinking level what to do in order to stop the depressive wave from swallowing you up, but it sounds like it's difficult to put theory in to practice when it comes to yourself.

I'm glad that you felt able to share here though.. keep talking if it helps
    Jenny x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.