Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by borderline., Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borderline.

borderline. Member

I made a new friend last week, who's a drug addict/recovering drug addict. He's done heroin 3 times, and I've wanted to try it for years but I never knew how or where to get it. He can get it for me. Am I making a huge mistake? I'm 18 and I don't want to ruin the rest of my life because I get addicted to it.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Please please please do NOT take this drug!

Everyone seems to think "addiction, that won't happen to me" but it does and it ruins lives.
    I had a friend at school, she was talented and beautiful and dead at 17 because she dated an addict and she thought she could control the drug, the drug took her life.

Read "Go Ask Alice" and if that doesn't stop you, nothing will.
  3. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Please dont. I have also been fantasizing about trying it the last few months, but I know if I do it even once, Im most likely throwing whatever chance I have at getting better down the drain. Heroin is probably not the best vice to choose, take care.
  4. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

I personally think yes, it'd be a huge mistake, and I hope you don't do it. Be safe.
  5. borderline.

borderline. Member

I read Go Ask Alice probably 5 years ago. I love it.
  6. aqua

aqua Banned Member

I truly hope you don't try it, I never used heroin but have used speed and it tore me up, it will only make things worse,
  7. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

As a recovering heroin addict then please, do not ever try this drug, it will ruin you
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I hope that you don't do it either, although I wouldn't mind trying it, because I want to destroy myself any way I can.
  9. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I'd say you need to look for better friends. Anyone who would help someone do this can't be very nice. Don't do drugs.
  10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Makes you feel incredible but highly addictive. I did heroin for quite a while and now that I'm sober I still have fucking dreams about that shit.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  11. Kawabi

Kawabi New Member

I tried snorting some heroin a few times, makes u nice and relaxed at start, but i would say it was mostly dissapointing and only really made me feel shitty later on, couldnt sleep either for a day.
    I realise its mostly injected or smoked and i guess it might have something to do with that, or maybe the stuff i got was just cut with crap, havent done any other drugs before so, but i have no desire to take it again, at least not in that way.
  12. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Someone of vital importance to me did it (once)
    Got hepatitis, and died. Ruined his/many other peoples lives with his passing. Just one mistake, killed him. After very many years of suffering. Use your best judgement.
  13. themute

themute Active Member

Personally I think it's a really bad idea. Heroin is extremely addictive. I had to get surgery about four years ago and afterwards I was given morphine. It was only once, and even though I found the high to be a boring high, I craved it for at least two years afterwards. Not strong cravings, but they were pretty noticeable at times. I entertain the idea of trying heroin too sometimes, but at the end of the day it's not worth the risk of becoming addicted. Another downside is that you don't know what the heroin will be cut with, and if it's cut with another drug the risk of overdose is increased. If you do decide to do it you really should stick to just smoking it, and if you do decide to inject it please make sure you're using a clean needle and never share a needle. But I really, really don't think you should try it, especially because addiction isn't the only risk with heroin, there's also HIV, overdose, bacterial infections, hepatitis like Lorax mentioned. It comes with so many risks...
  14. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It's entirely your choice, but echoing the words of people who have tried/have lost people to it, it would be best left alone. It would most likely create just another issue for you.
  15. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Aside from anything that may happen to you - I am not sure what type of friend you are being if you ask a recovering addict to go buy you the the drug they are addicted to so you can do it... a kinda heartless thing to do.

(or that he is if he agreed to do it....)
  16. borderline.

borderline. Member

He wasn't addicted to heroin specifically; just hard drugs in general. I asked him persistently to get it for me but he's apprehensive about doing so because I have an extremely addictive personality. He likes me and doesn't want me to get sucked in and become a junkie.
  17. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Does it matter if it was heroin or other hard drugs? If you ask a recovering addict to get the very same drugs they are trying to avoid - that makes you sound like not such a nice person. And at 18, if you have any other issues too, having an addictive personality would make it a fair bit more likely for you to get hooked on this, which then creates the chance of you adding a drug addiction to those other issues that get "masked" by the false perceptions given out by the drug.

My stance on illegal drugs is a tough one. Simply put - Don't try it. It's not worth the hassle of the potential problems that can develop, and it could also be a way to alienate you completely from others around you.
  18. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

Yes, that is a huge mistake! The fact that your new friend is a recovering addict should give you pause.
  19. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I never knew how or where to get heroin either until I met my ex-fiance who was a recovering heroin addict. This, of course, depends on your location, but many parts of my city are extremely ghetto; and it turned out I passed dope blocks on my way to and from many different places and never knew about it because I never paid attention. But anyway, despite having done heroin with my then-fiance at the time, I still never knew where exactly I needed to go to get it until I had the bright idea of going to a local Narcotics Anonymous meeting. As it turned out, people there mentioned several different street intersections that they've gone to to get it and that's when I decided fuck it, it's going down. Of course, there was also the issue of safety, though. If I, a pasty little white girl, went to see puerto rican gang members to buy heroin, one or more of several things were likely to happen: I'd get raped, robbed, burned (in the sense that they'd be cheating me out of a "fair" deal), or killed. And even if I managed to avoid all those things, there's another threat to junkies down there as well - especially newbies and first timers who don't know what the hell they're doing: The po-po. So, what I ended up doing was finding a fellow junkie (a dude) to help me cop (buy dope). And, well, the rest of the story speaks for itself. I kept going down there with at least one other person to get it for the next year or so, and it ruined my life. As of this point and time I'm almost 8 months clean from it, found out that I contracted HIV and Hepatitis C, and despite all of that, the temptation STILL never ever goes away. It's still all I think about for most of the day, whether consciously or subconsciously, the littlest shit reminds me of it and tempts me to go do it again, and I simply can no longer live my life without that nagging feeling of something being missing and being miserable and bored with everything in my life. I don't ever get a moment's peace. Even when I sleep, I dream about it. Yes, shooting heroin feels like the most blissful euphoria you could ever imagine, but when shit hits the fan and the consequences aren't worth it anymore or you have no other choice but to stop because you've gotten yourself in a world of trouble, you feel like you're stuck in a deep, dark hole that you can't dig yourself out of. Everything hurts, nothing seems like it could ever go right again, and you beg and pray for a reason to keep trying and not give up...but unfortunately many drug addicts aren't lucky enough to ever find that reason. Just so you know, this isn't me telling you whether to do it or not because I know that when I made my mind up, nothing anybody said or did could stop me or change it...and I know you know damn well that it WILL ruin your life if you do it and are just asking the question for reassurance, so here it is: There is no "just this one time", there is no "I'll be able to stop", there is no "I can control it". It's never just one time because it feels too damn good, you WON'T stop simply because you won't want to at first and later because you won't be able to, and when that happens, you have absolutely no control. That little bag of tannish powder controls you. So if you decide you want to try it, you better be prepared for everything I just said because no one is exempt from it.
  20. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

That shitty feeling that you felt later on was probably opiate withdrawal. The first time I tried snorting heroin, though, I had no tolerance for opiates so it kicked me in the ass pretty hard. Granted, not at first, but about 15 minutes later. It could be possible that whatever it was cut with was crap, like you said, or maybe you have a higher tolerance than the amount that you took, or maybe heroin's just not your thing. It happens, some people just don't like depressant drugs all that much. But either way, consider yourself lucky that you didn't like it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.