He's right to not like me. Heres me in a nutshell.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by gem77, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

How can anyone love this or want this. Heres a random list of me and my thoughts. You probably wont care but i am writing after a rejection. This boy i kinda liked only wants to be friends with me. apologies for the disorientated nature of it all. He is right to not want me, we laugh and joke and get on but i guess maybe im not sexy enough for him. I'm clearly not a priority in his life. How can i blame him. Theres something worng with me. People tend to dislike me. How could he ever be different and like me...

*I'm a bit of a loner.
    *I've self harmed before.
    *I can be pretentious sometimes.
    *i like to joke.
    *My life revolves around films, books, sometimes comics.
    *I'm online alot of the time.
    *I like to day dream.
    *I over think a lot.
    *i have no friends.
    *Don't have a career.
    *I don't dress tomboy-ish but i'm not super feminine in what i wear either.
    *i'm cynical sometimes.
    *like super hero stuff :)
    *haven't travelled or been anywhere or done anything.
    *have a degree.
    *have volunteered a lot.
    *I'm lonely.
    *I'm too trusting and nice to people but then I get my feelings hurt and become detached and untrusting.
    *I have little family.
    *I'm a virgin.
    *Never had a boyfriend though I've had guys ask me out.
    *I don't like the feeling of rejection so remain detached most of the time. I pull away from relationships.
    *I just want to be loved. [i'm always the 'friend' never the girlfriend].
    *Want to kill myself before this christmas. can't cope with another christmas lime this.
    *I'm broke and have a low level job.
    *my relatives are bullies and money obsessed.
    *I went to a good university but its not enough. I haven't achieved enough.
    *I have noticed that some people always take a dislike to me, whether its at work or school. There must be something worng with me !!!

Feel free to introduce yourselves or not if you dont want to :)
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi gem you have many good qualities hun and you just be YOU ok so when the right person does come along you don't have to wear a mask you can just be loved for who you are
    We all need to feel like someone cares about us hun but really what matters is that you care about you ok
  3. PaperFlame

PaperFlame Active Member

You seem really cool! I mean, not many girls are into comics/films/super heros, and this imo is a plus if you are, it means you have fantasy as opposed to being boring. Also you seem to have a high integrity and that is something not so easy to come by. How about an e-date? :pirate:

PS. his loss!
  4. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

It your relatives or some people who you met so far can not appreciate somebody who is intelligent, creative, very helpfull and basically has a heart of gold - I am sorry but there must be something wrong with them. not you.
    stop making everyone else better than they are and yourself worse. I wished more people were like you. money, sex and having a big name it not everything in life. and it would never make you happy, believe me ;)
    take a deep breath and say "this is me. this is who i will stay and am no longer ashamed of it." THAT will make you happy.
  5. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

thank you all for your kind words. you actually gave me a lot to think about. its hard to not let people get to you. also when this boy texts me then after i have replied he takes days to contact me it hurts and makes me feel worthless. i think im going to distance myself from him. thank you x
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
  6. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

You know, when I read this, I see myself there, you're very similar to me, in a way, except I'm a guy.

One thing I know for sure, if I have a girlfriend with your personality, you will be the perfect one o.o somehow...

I personaly didn't have any problem to get most girl I want, though I'm not that -changing girlfriend every week/month- kind of person, I tend to stick with someone and every break up almost got me killed, though I only attempted one. Now I'm in the verge of break up, or happiness, depend on her, depend on what she does. Is she a fake person who lied, or honest person who really love me, that's the question. That's the problem. She caused so much anxiety, uncertainty, and depression.

I wish she have your-kind of personality, that way she will be genuine in her love.

You're an amazing person(it's not a narcistic word)

That's also my problem, it has been 2 weeks since my gf texted me.
  7. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

thnx. pm me sometime if you like :playful:
  8. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

thank you. im so sorry that you're feeling this way. its horrible when someone has the power to make you feel bad and sometimes so happy. i hope your gf and you work things out. i know how it feels to be waiting for a text. this guy makes me wait days for a text so in my opinion im not important enough to text back. when i like someone they're the centre of my world and we'd have fun together. i don't know what guys want? i think its hard to find people who dont lie and can be open with you but when you do just hold onto it. take care :)
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I can relate to most of your list, and guys usually just want to be friends with me, too. Maybe we are just choosing the wrong guys...I know there's someone out there who will appreciate you and treat you right, because you seem like a really cool person :)
  10. Anon06

Anon06 Member

From your description I think you're a very nice girl, just like the other guys said.
    Except the "I can be pretentious sometimes" part, but no one is flawless and you have plenty of good points to make up for any blemish.
    That boy you like is being really insensitive. Especially since he knows that you like him (you said he rejected you so he must be aware of your feelings) he should be more considerate. Yet, he either doesn't care that much about you or he likes to be in a position of power and treat you like air (the one who is liked sometimes enjoys toying with the one who likes). Or perhaps he is just a bit insensitive or still doesn't realize how meaningful he is to you. If you are planning to stay friends with him I think you should confront him on the texts' problem. I've known some rude people who wouldn't text back because they thought the conversation we were having through texts was over for the moment, and maybe they would pick it back up the next day at their leisure. I think you should tell him that if you reply right back you expect him to reply right back. And if he comes up with some unrealistic excuses like he was busy at that moment you should tell him that he should have sent the first text at a later time if he was so busy, unless it was some kind of emergency. Civil people always warn you when they think a conversation through texts is over; like they tell you "I gotta go now, see you" or something along those lines. We can't read people's minds so they shouldn't let us hanging wondering whether they are willing to reply or not.
  11. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

thank you. you seem very sweet. im ure you will find a good guy. i guess im just tired of waiting, thats the hardest part. my hope is wearing thin. people tend to like me and get on with me but when it comes to building a relationship it doesnt work.
  12. gem77

gem77 Well-Known Member

thank you for your kind words. you are right about the texting thing. im sorry if its happened to you. in regards to liking me it isnt his fault he doesnt want to go out with me but it would be nice for him to understand it hurts when he 'plays me'. we get on well at work and he makes and extra effort to be around me. when i text him i think the longest he took was two days to reply back and he just picks up the conversation where we left off. he doesnt even apologise. this definitely hurts - i think i have to realise im not a priority in his life. when he flirts with me it gives me hope for something more.
  13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thanks, you seem sweet too :) I'm tired of waiting too, especially when I get let down every time, but I know that things can't be the same way forever. Things are always changing, so it has to get better sometime.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.