Hey Abacus21

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by White Dove, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

do you know anything about computers? like how can i view something that was sent to me to view by a windows vista when i have windows 98.. how can i view it??
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Why was this not pm'd?
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Er... Short answer: I've no idea
    Educated guess: I'd say you couldn't view it, as the OS (operating systems) are so far apart in terms of technology etc, I'm not sure, to be honest.

Wait until Robin or Kennroe come along, and I'm sure they can give you a better answer.

Will move this to the Coffee House.
  4. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

It depends what it is you were sent or what software you are trying to view it in. Windows 98 doesn't support newer software but older versions of say windows fax viewer can still handle jpg pictures (at most resolutions so I was told). You are far better off updating to Windows XP if you can because W98 has become obsolete so there is no support left for it.
    I shouldnt cost too much to do as vista is out so XP has come down and XP doesnt look to be going out of date anytime soon. Will definitly make things a lot easier.
  5. Raven

Raven Guest

I am assume that you are able to see the file on the phone, I am suspecting the computer is trying to tell you it does not have the required software to play the file.
    If you know how to see if you can get the type of file it is that will help, second would be try to access it and post what you can of the error message, I am looking for the following,

1. welcome.txt the .txt being the file extension.

2. File can't be copy, a general error has occurred etc.

Some phones just won't let you copy things over to the computer, and I hate cell phones so not sure how help full I can be.

6. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

i tried pming it but either it didnt go through or ???? and why should it have been in a pm? someone else might have had a problem like this and if they do then they now know how to fix it..

anyhow i got it figured out.. i had to download the quicktime viewer version 6.5 to my windows 98 and it worked .. i can now view it on my computer.. it was taped and filed on a verizen phone..( the newer type verizen phone i think ?? ) but anyhow i got it now and can view it... but the lady who filmed me was new at it and only sent me short little views of it.. did not get all the song but if anyone wants to here me just give me an email addy and i will forward it to you.. you just gotta have quicktime to view it..

thanks to all who replied :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.