Hey everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Mike510, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike510

Mike510 Member

My name is Mike I am from California. I think I created an account on here a short time ago but I can't recall the name I used.

Anyway I have been battling with depression for the past 8 months. It stems from my former fiancée leaving me. I have tried moving on but I can't find happiness with others. It just seems like everyday I feel worse and worse. I no longer know what I want out of life anymore, and I seem to be upsetting those close to me. It's gotten to the point where I don' see the point to living.
  2. Nobody

Nobody New Member

I know exactly how you feel. My life is total crap, i feel no pleasure from anything anymore, and i wonder if i will ever be happy again. I cry alot because i don't see any point in living anymore too.
  3. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hello, welcome, what do you do to relax and hobbies?
  4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Hello Mike, I am sorry to hear about your situation. If you keep posting here and reaching out you may find some useful help and support. I have never been able to be that close with another so my experience is limited regarding your situation. I did want to say hi though and let you know that you are being heard. Could you maybe expand on your current situation. Do you still interact with other friends/family? How are you upsetting them?
    Hoping you may find some help, comfort, and a turn around to your depression and situation.
  5. lonel

lonel Account Closed

hi Mike. welcome
  6. Mike510

Mike510 Member

Thanks for welcoming me everyone

I went back to living with my parents. I can't talk to them about anything or they just tell me to forget about my problems, it doesn't work like that though. I have a couple of friends I still talk to. I tried moving on and meeting someone new recently, and the person I went out with, was nice, beautiful and definitely seemed interested in me, but I just wasn't happy when I was out with her. All I could think of is my former fiancée and how I wished I could be with her instead. I told her I still loved my ex and she got pretty upset. I came home and my mom asked me about my date and I told her what happened and she was angry and told me when I would think about having a wife and children. I told her I don't think I want that anymore, and she started crying and my father yelled at me for hours about it. Now both are ignoring me.
    Some days I feel worse than others, but it has gotten to a point where I feel like I am giving up.
  7. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, happy to welcome a fellow Californian! :) From the Bay Area like me, I'm guessing from the 510?

That is so much for you to be handling mentally and going through and I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. It's hard enough to be going through something like that with your ex and then not have support from your family. I can totally relate to your situation; if you'd ever like to talk about the ex thing, I'd be down to exchange stories and helpful words of wisdom.

Glad you found this forum, and I hope it's a source of support for you. :hug:
  8. Mike510

Mike510 Member

Hey thanks, yeah I am in the East bay.

Thank you, I would like that. I don't really have many people to talk to.

Thank you once again
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.