Hey everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Maybi, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maybi

Maybi New Member

Hey my names Lauren. I've been depressed for a while now, years, but I've never done anything about it. It was mild and in the back of my mind and for the most part I ignored it in a way but lately I've been getting tired of being sad, it's been building up so much to a point where it scares me. I find it really hard to connect with people and the friends I have all see me as such a happy and positive person. I don't want to break that image of me, I like it. So I don't know how to reach out to them and I think this community will be good for me with people who understand this. Thank you for listening.

2. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Lauren, Welcome to the forum and thank you for your message. You seem like a great person and you will find great people here too who are willing to help and listen. Welcome again and thank you for having the courage to share your feelings. Husky

3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hey Lauren, nice to meet you. I think the longer you keep the feelings to yourself, the more painful it will become later down the road. I do understand where you are coming from though, my depression kind of progressed a little at a time until it was no longer something I could ignore and well, I lost contact with people and friends slowly until they only became a handful. For some reason I was still always a happy and positive person around them (or at least tried to be), but I started losing interest in a lot of things, activities, hobbies, discussions, etc.

I don't think you should break that image of you either, keep that support, but if any of those friends are very close to you or trusting, it may be a good idea to open up to them a bit about what you are going through. Are you seeking any medical help? If not I would strongly recommend it, it has helped me a lot and my only regret is I didn't seek it out when my depression began.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and make some good friends :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.