Hey everyone. :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ReallyEmpty, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReallyEmpty

ReallyEmpty Account Closed

I'm Julie (19) and I live in Florida. I've had depression and anxiety for years, and also a few OCD tendencies. I've also been suicidal for a while as well. I finally decided to go to the doctor about two weeks ago and he diagnosed me with depression/anxiety and gave me citalopram. It's literally been HELL. =/ Hopefully the medicine stops giving me bad side effects and finally starts to do it's job. He also referred me for counseling (hopefully it helps). I just found this site searching google and I'm glad I'm here. So yeah, :hieveryone: ! :santa:
  2. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

Welcome. I hope the meds etc will help you plus any help you get from here
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Meds should kick in just give them time and with therapy on top i think you will start to feel less pain anyway. Glad your here lots of support here just keep writing okay so others can help too take care
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Julie,
    Welcome to the forums.. It takes meds six to eight weeks before they start helping.. If you are having bad side affects you need to tell your doctor so he can change your med.. Everyones body chemistry is different so it takes a while to find which meds work for you..I think you will find therapy to be a great help to you.. Also again it takes time to build a bond of trust.. Sometimes you have to go thru a couple before you find the right one.. It took me three before I found Gina..I wish you all the best!!
  6. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

how are you
    welcome to SF...im glad you found us...medication take 5-6 weeks tell they start working...and you should tell the dr. about te side effect...i hope you feel better soon..
    take care
  7. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

welcome to sf :shake: hope you like it here
  8. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Hello Julie, welcome to the forum. I hope you start feeling better soon and look forward to seeing you around. :smile:
  9. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Julie. :hug:
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Julie. I am glad you have gotten help medically. Now let us help support you in your fight to feel better. :hug:
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Well to SF :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.