hey from canada ontario..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by everythought, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everythought

everythought Member

I'm 20 years old, I just joined this forum today, I guess I started to realize how it will be beneficial for me to interact with people with the same problems I have, and read what others have to say and how they may have over come it. I believe I'm bi-polar in terms of my depression, there are days when I'm happy, but most days I'm upset, but ultimately I've just never been happy through out a bit of my child hood years and especially my teenage years. Hope to get to know some people on the forum, and I hope eventually I can feel more uplifted in my life sometime..
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Hey there~ I hope you find some comfort in being here with others who share your pain!
    Check out the forums and take care!
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Welcome...glad you found us...have you considered speaking to a MD/pdoc to see what is going on and what options you have? Hope you get/give the support you are looking for...big hugs, J
  4. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

hey buddy, same age from the same place with the same problem seeking the same thing, don't think i am bi-polar tho, recovered mostly.
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Welcome aboard. Hope we can provide you with some good support.
  6. everythought

everythought Member

to sadeyes- I haven't spoken to one, but I've been thinking that I should. But I feel a little nervous doing it for various reasons. But hopefully I'll get around and see what I can do.

to suicider628- Nice to meet a fellow a canadian on the forum haha, I live in the toronto area, and that's great to hear that you recovered for the most part, do you have any tips that helped you through?

and thank you kitty and lightbeam for the welcome :)
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi as well from another canadian. I think therapy works well i am finding it helpful as well as medication. Hope you find support you need take care.
  8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

welcome and HI....this a great place for support....
    I've found therapy and meds have kept me going..I've had this illness all my life but still here..
    talking here also helps..
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  10. suicider628

f$$ the site log me out before it let me post. Toronto also.

very short version:

-take care of simple things (sleep well, eat well, excecise, do well in school)
    -think about present only, nothing can change the past
    -support urself, ppl often think themselves as worthless and useless, the one who is making u depress is urself, ppl might say stuff to you, but they don't really have the time to think about you.
    -socialize as much as possible, online or offline, don't matter, fill those social needs

can't think of anything else atm, why don't u ask things instead.
  11. everythought

everythought Member

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it, since you live in toronto as well, do you recommend any pdoc in the city?
  12. suicider628

sorry, doctors and medicines didn't help me much.

Doctor only gave me prescription for this medicine that have a sleepy side effect.
  13. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

Hey :)

Same story as you pretty much -- easons for being here, anyway. I'm 19 and live closeish to Toronto. Maybe we can talk sometime :)
  14. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome to SF!
  15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I hope you have found this a nice place to be.
  16. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to the forums. I'm 22 and from Torontoish too :)
  17. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome and hi from Montreal :p
  18. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

how are you?
    welcome to SF,hope you find the support & help you need :)
    take care :hug:
  19. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

Hey my name is Jenn and I'm new too. I'm also from Canada but not Ontario, I'm from BC :) This forum seems like it will be a good place to talk, have searched for a LONG time (years) online trying to find a board that seemed like it would have nice people on it, does anyone know how long this one has been here? Well anyway I am already feeling a bit better just being a member on here :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.