hey guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
firstly, I'm new here. So hello everybody

Im an 18 year old male with a slight drinking problem. Ive thought about killing myself since early last year, but never really tried, instead i drowned in alcohol for the entire year. But things are different now, i tried to kill myself yesterday and last monday whilst drunk. <Mod edit - Method> , maybe I'm too pussy to kill myself. Idk. i just don't know anymore. the only thing in my head is death. My sister is going to bring me to a therapist, but i don't think it will help me at all. If i told my therapist about all this , would i be sent to psych or some shit? . Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Corse. You need to be honest with your therapist so that you can get some help and start to feel better. Alcohol is a depressant so drinking, while it might feel 'better' at the time, actually makes everything worse. So you need to knock that on the head ASAP. As well as a therapist you need to see your GP and look at what medications can help you feel better as well.

I hope you feel better soon,

Freya

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
Hi Corse and welcome to SF. The way to approach therapy is with a open mind, not "I dont think it will help me at all" attitude. I honestly used to laugh at anyone who told me they were stressed or anxious or depressed. I thought therapy was for fools who could not sort out their own problems. I now know a whole lot different. I was mistaken and I had it wrong. 51 and admitting I was wrong, in public, whatever next? Seriously, if you are suicidal, you need help and quickly and the more help you can get, the better it is for you. All we want at SF is for you to be safe and make a recovery from what you feel right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00