Hey, I feel numb

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by dyingtolive, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyingtolive

dyingtolive New Member

Hey everyone how are you? Well I'm really bummed out today

I've never worked only done community work. I got up enough courage to fill in an app. at this store that I think is ok. I want to work full time and move out on my own.. dispite having social anxiety ( a fear of life in general.)

Well today I called the supervisor and I tell her how I've never worked before and she makes some nonchulant joke like you must have some one supporting you heavly, hahaha..." I'm like "yea.." but in my mind I was like I took a step and this is going to be my first job right!! On top of this the lady was foreign so I couldn't understand a darn thing that she was saying.

Right now I just feel like giving up because with Social Anxiety, I have to depend on meds which don't really help they just calm me down in certain situations.. I have a family and a few friends that love me dearly but I feel like I've failed them in so many areas. If I could turn back time I'd definately be more goal oriented.

I just have thoughts of what it would be like if I happend to do something. I wouldn't have the courage to do it though. I also think about the aftermath and how my family would feel.

I just needed to vent and know that their are others out there like me.

thanks for reading,

Rita

2. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!

You've taken a step up and applied for a job. Now try to do that job. It will be hard but try.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

4. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Welcome to SF hunny. I hope you find support to make it through here. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat. *huggles* Take care,

Caroline

5. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. If you do not get hired right away, don't give up. Sometimes it may take an employer a bit of time to find the person they think would fit for the opening they have. You never know when you might be that one. :hug:

7. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

welcome to the forum.
    feel free to post and rant whenever you need, especially in the let it all out forum. This place is here to help you :)

8. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF!! :hug:

9. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Well-Known Member

HI.....

10. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

welcome, i really hope you find help here (you'll most likely find a load!).

pm most of us anytime if you need help!

11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. I hope we can help you,

12. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

hello and a warm welcome to sf
    :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.