Hey I need advice :S

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ZombieNation, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombieNation

ZombieNation Active Member

Hello everyone now I'm a little stuck with life and this really.
    I'm 17 and ready to go but at this age I feel alot of regret and such, You know the feelings. I dont want to live life anymore (you might call me lazy but its ok). I don't want to go on and have a future. I don't want kids or a wife or a nice job. I just want to stop living and stop the pain really. I'm a pretty normal 17 year old. I have a job mon - friday. I am learning to drive my life seems ok, no one suspect's anything. I need you to help me by voting/commenting please!

Should I;

1. Tell my mother and family because I feel bad about this whole ordeal and I dont want them to wonder why I did it for the rest of my life. Exaplining to them that I'm going to kill myself soon and just hope they will respect me for telling them and letting me help them understand.

OR

2. Just do it, just killmyself without anyone knowing why or how blah blah blah.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Please dont post stuff like "dont kill yourlself" or "get help" - I'm here for help!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
  2. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

that is pretty sneaky i must say. i'm in a really similar situation. i think you should tell your mum you are suicidal but so that you can get help. there are so many people on here who will have gone through the same stuff

3. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

Do you want to hurt everyone who knows you? That will put strain on everyone you know, I think everyone should know. But when you do tell everyone, whatever it is, you may just be revived in life and not want to die, maybe that's all you need is to tell everyone.

4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

hi
    how r ya
    welcome to SF
    its better to try to tell ur family...good luck

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

well this is a pro life forum so we are going to say "dont kill yourself" i think you should tell your mother how you are feeling so you can get help

6. pileofgarbage

pileofgarbage Member

Rather few moms would be cool about hearing the reasons for their child's impending suicide. Expect a trip to the looney bin if you choose option 1.

People who really feel the need to explain themselves often leave notes before excercizing option 2.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

At 17 how do you really know what you want and dont want. You havent even had a chance to be out on your own and independent. That alone makes such a big difference in your life and your outlook on things. Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to put your beliefs down or anything. But you are so young. I'm 45 and I remember thinking the only thing that was going to make my life matter anymore at 15 was to get out on my own. Be my own boss of what and where and who I saw and did. You arent considered an adult yet. Once you turn 18 (or whatever age it is for where you live) your life is completely different. I'm not saying you may not still have the same thoughts and feelings. But Alex please try to see that your life hasnt even started yet.

I'd say from your post alone that you are a very considerate and kind person. You think of others feelings and care about how they will be affected by many things you do in your life. So take that same kindness and turn it on yourself.

I'm a Mom to a 18, 16, 14 and 4 year old. My personal thought on this is to tell your Mom or Dad or someone in the family (even an aunt or uncle) that you trust. And yes, better be prepared that they may try to get you some sort of help. But that is because they do really care about you. Also be prepared for some shock. It isnt going to be the easiest thing for a parent to hear. Especially if like you say, no one sees it. Maybe part of the reason you feel the way you do is because no one else knows. You are carrying a really heavy load around on your shoulders with no one to help. I think just from the survey/question in your post that you yourself have a sliver of being undecided about doing this. You really wish someone would know about what your fighting with. So tell someone and see if it changes what you are planning on doing.

I'd say tell someone in your family. Make some time one evening when it can be just you that you can talk about. Put it out there exactly what and where you are thinking about your future (that you dont see one) and that you do have suicidal thoughts and feelings. But you will also have to be prepared for them to talk about things too. If it starts getting heated then just call it off and say you're willing to talk about it again when they are willing to be mature and reasonable about it.

This is your life a Alex and only you can decide if and what you will have or do with a future. So I think it is extremely mature of you to look for advice about this. Now keep going and see what happens. You may be surprised.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I closed this thread because SF is pro-life. Nobody here is going to encourage you to make a choice that will end in suicide. We'll be here to support you though if you choose to seek some help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.