hey im 16 and ive had it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jamesv, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesv

jamesv Member

hey there im 16, i lost all of my friends i went from being the most popular kid in the town. I was so busy i couldn't make time for anything 1 stupid mistake and i lost all of my friends...im alone, my parents literally say they hate me i suck in school i dont have a job i have absolutley nothing. my brother even hates me. this isnt a cry for help more as just me seeking advice. i wont be missed i know that, wont be missed by anyone, nobody wants me in their lives so why not go with the majority.

2. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF i guess......

If you need to talk feel free to PM me or add me to MSN. If it is any consolation i can relate a lot to the way that you are feeling.

Hope you get the advice/support that you are looking for.

3. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Hey kid,

Friends come & go,that is a fact of life. Kids are so wrapped up in being accepted in school or other area of social life. Kid, you are a kid. I am furious
    that we are having these generations of " being a straight A's in school". In my generation guess what happened to my classmates who are the most popular , most of them are not better from me.

Lead your youthful years by having self discipline & ignore who loves you & who don't. Delete them in your list. Have fun by yourself , you don't need others to have fun.

PM me if you wish; I have a son,14 & he is probably in the same situation like you. I will be happy to give you some idea to escape the friends turmoil.

4. jamesv

jamesv Member

Thanks for the advice it really did help. I'll go a little more in depth into my story now that i'm a little calmer. I used to be friends with this Popular kid and at the time I was popular. Okay, I don't know how it happened but we were best of friends which eventually led into a gay relationship and into having sex. People found out about this through internet conversations we were having. Everybody knows now and we both lost everything. I wouldn't care if we were aloud together he'd be all I needed but we're not. And for the even more messed up part I was never gay...it just happened and I didn't stop it.

5. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Basically you feel embarassed & rejected? I guess your parents,his parents keeps both you & him from seeing each other?
    If it lead into a gay relationship , so what if it did. If it is a mistake & you are not gay, who cares. People will talk & this & that but then the issue gets old & done.
    Did he forced you? Talk to your parents .Tell them the truth .Parents are the ones whom you should seek advice. This is our responsibilty to keep our children safe. If you feel violated discuss it with your mom ,dad.

Slow down ,let time heal the wounds. This is how you can start. Mom ,Dad I need to confide to you something that is bothering me. I made a mistake pls. allow me to correct them & learn from them. .. Tell it like it is.

I am 40 yrs old there are still a lot of things that I learn everyday. Mistakes I guess are there for us to learn the lessons it brings.

6. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

There is nothing bad in that to be a gay. Your friends should accept that. And if they dont want to accept it, they are not your real friends. I wouldnt mind to have a gay for a friend, really, he is just a human, like me and like all of us. Just try to find another friends that can accept you. And if this is the mistake you 'think' you have made in your life, i dont think its a mistake. Just dont listen what people are saying, and in a time, they will accept you.

7. jamesv

jamesv Member

I don't feel violated it's was 100% consensual...The parents are keeping us apart and we're best friends. The kind of friend you have once or twice in your life. Like we're both not gay at all. We both had girlfriends I don't know maybe just 2 friends who trust each other enough to be curious with one and other. I'm not in a big town either very small maybe a 500 population so I mean most kids know in this town so it's tough to get away from all of that.

8. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I think it is great that you and your friend were comfortable enough with each other to do that. A couple of my friends also found themselves in a similar situation, but they are a few years older than you and both turned out to be straight. Sadly I know what it is like to have a whole town knowing something that has happened, that really you never want mentioned again, but i won't go into why here. In my case it only ended because i moved away.

I think you already have me on MSN but if not feel free to add me if you want to talk.:smile:

9. bb564

bb564 Guest

You didn't make a mistake. At all. You have literally nothing to be ashamed of. There is nothing wrong with being gay at all, whether you are or not. You don't need to be friends with homophobes. Your parents and ex-friends sound horrible. I think at 16 you should be allowed to choose your own friends and moderate your sexual relationships without 'traditional' parents poking their noses in. I'm sure one day you'll be able to be with your friend, or boyfriend or whatever. And don't worry, not all towns are like yours, there is definitely a place for gays in this world. I know some gays and they are quite popular, where do you live?

If you want to chat, my msn is in my sig, add me.

10. jamesv

jamesv Member

I live in a small town in Alberta, Canada. My parents aren't the problem, they have no issue in it at all. They let me choose what I want. It's his parents are bitching to my parents about it and yeah whatever...I honestly want an opinion here if suicide is the best option please just say so. Theres no real way to fix this at all you can't change 500 peoples minds.

11. bb564

bb564 Guest

No. Suicide is the worst option. You need to save up some money and leave. Go start a new life. It's scary, but it's also potentially wonderful.

12. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Hi There! When I was young I fooled around with another girl and it lead to other sexual relationships with girls as I got even older.. I left the first high school I attended because everyone found out and I was being laughed at. I transfered to another school where I met some great friends who didnt care about all that.. I live in a town of 300 people and its not easy to hide your personal life.. My point is - You have to be comfortable with who you are. Its not any one elses bisness what you want to do with your personal life. If your comfortable and confident others will come around.. This is not worth ending your life over.. I know its probably not easy to hear but your young and things will change, give it time...

13. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

about suicide being the best option? no, it isn't.
    how long until you graduate? will you go away for college or to begin work?
    when you leave a whole new world will open up for you. i grew up in a very small town in rural Ontario - population 140 - and for much of the time there i was a total outcast.
    since then i've lived in toronto, new york city, london and now i'm in ireland, and traveled to hundreds of other places. there was so much more to the world than i'd ever imagined. you will meet many kind and funny people on your travels, people who have never heard of what happened in high school. if you want, you will be able to leave the bad parts behind you and cherish the good memories in your heart. it doesn't matter whether you are gay or not, for a short time you found love. i hope you will find it again.

so, my vote is, don't do it.

14. jamesv

jamesv Member

Thanks everyone, 2 years until I graduate. It's not all bad I must add. Since people have found this out 2 other guys have asked to do stuff. I said no seeing as I have to trust the person if i'm in a sexual relationship with them. Sometimes I wonder why I can't just take the parents car and go and don't return.

15. touglytobeloved

You are 16? How old is he? 16? Just wait 2 years. You will be both able to made your own personal decision, and I know you will both made the right decision. No one could stop you there. You cant change 500peoples minds, but you can move to another place...

16. touglytobeloved

Oh, yeah... And dont be surprised if in a few months youll see that the people of your town are starting to accept you the way you are... Its something that they have never expect it, that why they react so bad, but in a time, things might come better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.