Hey i'm emz

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Emz131, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emz131

Emz131 New Member

Hey so Iv stumbled actoss this and hope it will be of some help as i feel its almost a last resort. My names emz im 26 And I've been suffering from major depression the past 4 years on and off meds. I've previously had suicidal thoughts over the years but never acted upon them. But this past year has been a downward spiral. In the past month I've attempted suicide twice. I've became over dependant on my parter of 3 years and my irrational behaviour and suicide attempts have finally drove her away. Not that I blame her. But I can't help feel more alone than ever and finding every day more of a struggle. I can barely get out of bed or eat. I'm not sure what to do. I'm fighting thoughts on a daily basis. And it's getting harder every moment. My gp has upped my anti depressants about a month ago but I honestly feel no change. I've also been on a waiting list for some sort of assessment for about three months now. I guess I just feel too close the edge and as my last attempt was a week ago. I want to try to avoid doing the same again. As I'm fighting the thoughts on a daily basis .

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Emz, I am so sorry things are as horrible as they are for you right now. So much pain. If you told the person who ordered the assessment that you attempted suicide as recently as a week ago, I would imagine they would get you help much sooner than three months for an assessment. Do you think it would be a good idea to call your gp today? I do not know where you live. But sometimes there are phone numbers people can call to get emergency support.

I am glad you found your way here. Please keep coming back. Its a good place. But I hope you will speak up and let your doctor know how serious things are for you now. Because now that I have met you, I want you to live. And many in this community would feel the same way. We feel so sad when one of our own dies. :hug:

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Emz,and warm welcome!!! Fought severe depression forever myself..cam be a real BEAST...hope doc and you can find the rite meds that give you some help!!!! Lots of other good ppl here going thru some of same stuff now..hope you get some friends here soon.. Hope you do post some more.. Take care, Jim

4. Emz131

Emz131 New Member

Thank you both for your reply. I'm feeling very much up and down today but overall a more positive day. I've made another appointment with my gp see if I can get things moved forward at all. It's to get some sort of diagnoses as my moods have been more irrational and I feel unable to controle how I will feel/deal with things from day to day. I don't know if this makes sense but I feel if I know what's wrong me everything will become easier ?

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am glad you are being proactive about this. Please keep being persistant with the medical / psychotheraputic people until you get a diagnosis and recommended treatment that feels correct for you. In some countries it may take a bit of persistance. Please do be persistant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.