hey im hoping this site is worthwhile

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by silentlyfading, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentlyfading

silentlyfading Well-Known Member

Im bipolar and have recently hit a low. Its hard to talk to people who don't suffer with depression as they don't understand. Hoping for like minded people to help

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi, welcome to SF. I think this is a good place to talk things out and find good support. I think you will find more people who understand, because most of us deal with depression and other issues. I hope being here will be helpful for you.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. There are many people here who suffer with bipolar. And many more who suffer with depression. Its a good community. One where you can be honest about how you are feeling. And others will understand. Glad you are here :welcome:

4. silentlyfading

silentlyfading Well-Known Member

Thankyou both. its hard for me to talk to friends/family because they all see me as abit of a toughguy. They don't seem to believe me when I talk about my feelings. So its nice to talk to people who have no perception of me I can leave my mask off here

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to our forum family. I am sure you will find many members willing to talk with you. Most of us happened upon this site because we were struggling. We found a home here. I hope you do as well. Take care.

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes. thats really said often here. That people have to wear a mask or pretend etc irl. They cannot for one reason or another say how they REALLY feel. But here, you can check your mask at the cyber door ! Just be yourself. Say what you really need to say. Be accepted for who you are. SO glad you found us. And now you are one of us !!! I personally have been to a lot of websites. This one is the kindest i have ever found. I think thats because the management is so kind and caring. So you are smart to have come here :D

7. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hey.

pretty sure you'll get a lot from it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.