Hey. I'm just returning.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by will_1957, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will_1957

will_1957 Well-Known Member

Hey I'm just returning after a long hiatus and am just looking for people to talk to. Since I left the forums the last time I did have a serious suicide attempt and a long (and unpleasant) stay at the hospital. I'm still struggling with my depression and it seems like I have tried every medication on the planet.

I also started doing ECT about a month or so ago and have seen little positive effect from it. But after the suicide attempt I got in touch with a really great therapist that I'm really comfortable with. So I'm still suicidal but I feel that I have someone that I can really be honest about.

Also since the last time I was here I came out to my family, my psychiatrist, my therapist, and other caregivers that I may be transgender and that I feel more female than male and that me hiding all these feelings might have been causing some of my depression symptoms. But I don't know yet. In a few days I'm going to talk to a therapist that deals exclusively with gender issues and hopefully I can get some things figured out.

So I just wanted to come back on here and maybe find some friends or at least people I can talk to when I feel I can't talk to any one else.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and WB! :) Feel free to drop me a PM if you ever feel like talking.
  3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome back to SF, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

i echo the words above me
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome back Will i am glad to hear you found a great therapist to open up to that must be a great release for you. With the right care and understanding i hope you can come to some understanding of you okay
    This is a great place to be yourself and just talk and get feed back hugs:hugtackles::hugtackles:
  6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Welcome back - I hope you get the support you need.
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome back.. I'm glad you found a therapist who listens.. I was with mine for five years..Then I ran out of things to talk about..It's good that you came out of the closet..That has to be alot of stress off your shoulders..
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome back. It sounds like you have made some really important changes recently and have taken steps toward healing. I wish I could say it will be a short process, but things like this seldom are. I do think, with the right things in place, you will be able to reach a place where you can feel life is worth living. We are here to help you with that process and offer any support we can. Take care :hug:
  9. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Hey there buddy, welcome back, maybe you ought to have stayed though as your hiatus has led you down a rocky path indeed. Maybe it could have helped talking to someone - especially here as this serves as therapy no doubt. I mean, those who can help, that's a way to feeling good about yourself.

Anyhow, you maybe ought to talk to other men who have this trans-gender issue running around in their heads. Its a niche area somewhat and you'll either need to know someone going through it or know someone who knows someone. Not sure how old you are but obviously everyone has to go through discovering their own sexuality and you also deal with peer pressure no doubt which is worse in these supposed enlightened times we live in.

One thing is for sure, you have to feel comfortable with who you are. If you think that you are in effect a women born into a man's body - there is your main issue which I'm sure has led to all manner of issues.

Anyhow, not much more I can add apart from BE SURE before you go into for any surgery and so on. You'll obviously be told that.

Most people will really not care much if someone who had a sex change works in the office. The only people who judge you - and who will judge anyone, are idiots who really ought to just STFU and know their place in this world.

Good luck, and forget about suicide.

I hope you have family who supports you. I'd support my younger nephews and nieces no matter what they grew up to be. As long as they turn out to be caring, honest and so on. Your sexuality has little bearing on 99% of your day to day business. Who you hold at night is your business and yours alone.

I have a feminine side also. For instance, I just washed the dishes and am eyeing up my hoover as I write. I might go the whole hog and buy those matching curtains. Never knew they came in pairs. Live and learn.

Again, good luck and God bless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.