Hey, I'm new here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lonely_Angel_1997, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonely_Angel_1997

Lonely_Angel_1997 New Member

Hi, my name's Nikki. I'm 17. I struggle with depression and anxiety. I also have eating disorder tendencies, am a recovering self harmer, and, obviously, am suicidal.

I was getting a bit better, but three weeks ago my friend comitted suicide. For a week or so afterwards I thought that it was serving as a wake-up call to never do it myself. But recently it's been an even bigger trigger than ever, and emotionally I can't get over it, and I'm back to being extremely suicidal.
    So anyways, just wanted to say hi....

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello Nikki, welcome to the site. So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that posting here will help to ease some of your feelings.

3. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Nikki, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. At a time like this, you need extra support and I'm glad you turned to SF. Here you will find people who know what it feels like to be suicidal themselves and to grieve over the loss of a friend or relative who actually took that step. It might be a big help for you to get even more support, people you can talk to FTF. Do you have access to a therapist? If not, you might try calling a hot line as the sound of a compassionate human voice will help you as you grieve. Get as much support as you can - the loss of a friend through suicide is a terrible loss indeed. It also sometimes calls us along with it so it is even more important that you get as much help as possible.

Take care and be gentle and loving with yourself.

4. AmeliaS.

AmeliaS. Member

Hey, I'm Amelia, 17 too. Welcome to the forum, and let me know if you need a chat. I've already made a few friends on here, so just know that everyone is kind and helpful. Make sure you share your thoughts and post what's going on with you at any time, there is lots of help.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Nikki, welcome to the forum. I am very sorry to hear of your loss, if anything I hope it helps you not to go down the same road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.