Hey I'm new

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by nobody96, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobody96

nobody96 New Member

Hey I'm new and today was a bad day for me and I've had suicidal thoughts and behavior for about a year now and hve been depressed and just need someone to talk to because there's one other person and nows not the time to talk about it with them so I thought I'd try this out to help
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun welcome to SF lots of caring people here hun so post away ok let us know how we can support you hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello, welcome to SF. You can talk to lots of people here, and we understand where you're coming from. Please keep posting and we can help you.
  4. nobody96

nobody96 New Member

Well I just feel alone like I only have 2 true friends that don't leave me at parties or ditch me for other people to hang out; I feel my parents don't trust me and think I'm a bad child when I get good grades an never snuck out or done anything bad so I don't get what's wrong do they think I do drugs? Do they think I'm a disgrace?; none of my sisters or family Ifeel I can really open up andtalk to about all my problems an weird thoughts in my mind; sometimes I feellife isn't a gift it's just a prison I wanna break out of instead of waiting for my time; I have my good days and bad days like today where I think about OD or cutting myself; all the people at school seem happy and have tons of friends and their parents trust them so i feel what'd I do wrong I lived a good childhood wasn't a problem child never did anything bad so why do I get situations and problems thrown at me that make me wanna kill myself like being alone
  5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

To be honest, I'd rather have 2 good friends than a hundred fake friends. I've been on both sides of that fence, and I've also had periods of my life when I had zero friends, and I mean zero. You can't compare your life to anybody else's... they might seem happy and popular, but sometimes that isn't all that it's cracked up to be. You have to trust me on that. I was "popular" for a while, and it was a very empty existence, being surrounded by lots of people who don't really care about anything but themselves, who judge every stupid little thing you do and who don't ever give you a moment's peace. That kind of life is SO unfulfilling, pretending to be something you're not, pretending to be happy and only doing things or hanging out with people because they're popular, never being able to be yourself because god forbid somebody might think you were weird or different in some way. Gasp! People being unique individuals? We can't have that now, can we!

Look... nobody wants to be alone. And yeah, sometimes life is fucking depressing. But you can't compare yourself or your life to anybody else's. You need to do what makes YOU happy, stop basing your happiness on the expectations of others. If you have 2 good friends whose company you enjoy - then focus on spending your time with those 2 good friends. If your parents don't trust you even though you've never given them reason not to - that's their problem. You won't always be stuck in your situation, you need to think about your future and what you want to do with the rest of your life... stop worrying about the now. You're in school, and school is a place where you're supposed to be preparing for your future - I'm not saying not to have fun, everybody should have fun, but if you get so wound up worried about what kind of experience you're having in school, you'll lose sight of the future. A lot of people had disappointing school experiences... I didn't get to do half the things I wanted to do in school. But you know what's even more disappointing than that? Basing your entire life's happiness on what kind of experience you have or had in school. I know it's depressing, and this is a good place to come and vent about what's bothering you, but trust me - your life won't always be this way. Keep getting good grades and plan for your future, and some day you won't have to worry about what your parents think or what the other kids you went to school with are doing. You need to go after what you want in life and forget about anybody who is going to hold you back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.