Hey- My story

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by WonderClub, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderClub

WonderClub Member

Hey everyone my name is Will. and I am 28, I have GAD and OCD, Depression.

My problems with Depression started around when I was 15 due to family problems and school bullying and my issues with anxiety started when I was 16. I used to really like my life before it became an anxiety filled mess I got help with my anxiety when I was 22 and have been going up and down since. I have depression and anxiety issues from bullying and general life events add to that my best friend died when I was 19 and it still hurts, even so I am quite proud of many of the things I have done in life and some of the qualifications I have received.

I mainly joined this site to see why other people are depressed.

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi WonderClub, welcome to SF. We're here because of our journeys - and the common thread is times of grief and sorrow and negative feelings we would rather be without - learning to find ways to make our minds into our friends. Well, that's my theory!

Good on you for the happy achievements.

For the anxiety issues, it can be an idea to keep a journal of your feelings, and to ask yourself empowering questions about them. This way, they can be contained, put down on paper, so they don't take up so much head space. A counsellor taught me how to do this, and the method is in my thread "Would you like to be re-made" - now on page 2 in Welcome. :)

3. vixies77

vixies77 Member

Hi Will,

Sorry to hear of your best friend and all you went through. I'm currently trying to support a good friend of mine who lost one of his best friends just this past summer.

I think we're all here for different reasons. Some may not have many reasons at all, but in fact more of a lack of things to be happy about. I have many things from my past that may make me depressed for example, but I also find many times where I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness and burden, without actually being able to find a reason why I feel that way. But I think urPrecious said it best, the key is in training your mind to work in your favor instead of against you. It can be a tricky and long road, but that's what we're here for I think..to find support and help us through the dark tunnel to the light :]

4. WonderClub

WonderClub Member

I decided I'm probably going to leave already since it doesn't do any good to dwell on things and this site would most likely make me do that, also I don't want to sound like an ass but I was hoping to talk to more guys that were depressed but it seems mostly women on here, not that there's anything wrong with that just was thinking I could relate more to the other guys who had problems.

5. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

i think you should be open minded to who you relate to. i thought i would relate to other 15 y/o girls here, but actually found out that i best relate to older women and sometimes men. I, for a long time, only focused on finding people here my age, and that was my mistake. Age and gender dont matter. Its the person inside.

6. shukarumarius

shukarumarius Member

Very good point...but especially applied here,on the internet,cause in reality age and gender still plays an important role and every gesture you make.
    The internet brings the person inside out of you,you can be how you want and no one judges you by how you look.

See...that's why on these type of forums no one should tell their age,gender...it's all about ideas and way of thinking.I mean sometimes an opposite gender helped me get out of a sad situation and I strongly believe that often someone young can help you more than an experienced elder...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.