Hey, new here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by al0neinmusic, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al0neinmusic

al0neinmusic Member

I'm 18 and from the UK.
    I've been depressed probably since 11 or 12, and been feeling suicidal since 14, ever since my best friend died of cancer. :\
    And then I attempted the first time when I was 16, due to so many things collapsing in my life.

And I feel like ever since then, there's never been a pick up from that. For 2 years I've been struggling not to let myself give into suicide, I do want a future, and I do want hope, but my moods are just so uncontrollable. And in the process of 'trying to stay alive', I developed multiple mental health problems that made me want to die even more.

Recently I had a suicidal relapse and have been contemplating. I'm sort of at my wits' end, suicide is such a forbidden topic and I can't talk to anyone about it. Hopefully you guys, of all people, will understand how it feels...

That's just a bit of my story anyway. I don't want to bore people, or burden on you.
    But I'm not here just for myself- I'm here for you too because I do want to help others.

Please accept me into your community :)
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You certainly are not a burden to us ok I am sorry you feel so low right now welcome to a very caring community
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome

You are right - we do understand here so don't be scared or afraid to open up to us. Most of us have or are going through these awful thoughts.

Yes unfortunately suicide is still a taboo subject and misunderstood. Depression is an illness just like any other illness.

We understand so welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here. I wish you all the best. I am also very sorry for your loss :hugs:
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi there, welcome to SF. I am sorry that you have gone through so much. You can be sure that we will understand your feelings here. You aren't a burden or a bore, and we accept you with open arms :arms:
  5. luisff

luisff New Member

Hey there, I'm new here too, you are not a burden to anyone, either for you, despite we think exactly like this, for us and for others. You have a sad story, mainly because your friend. I think if we all share experiences and just talk about everything that frightens us we can at least ease a little of our pain. Today when I wrote a text to post here I felt a little better later, just something that needed to be put outside me, not to solve my problems, but to alleviate. Everything you want to talk, to tell, just do, we are here to help each other. :)
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Please stay strong as life is important and you have to remain strong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.