Hey, new here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Time-Is-Running-Out, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time-Is-Running-Out

Time-Is-Running-Out New Member

Hey, so I am new here. Basically came across this site looking for support options for suicide, because I am spiralling out of control. The past few years have been crippled by depression and OCD, I also have been recently diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I have been cutting for about 2 years or so, since things have really gotten worse. I don't see myself getting any better. I recently stopped therapy about 3 weeks ago, and stopped my meds like 3 months ago. I just can't take living anymore, and tried to OD last night :(. I am disappointed that I am still here, but don't know what else to do. I know I can go to a hospital but I have my reasons for not going to one. I don't know what I am looking for, support I guess. I don't know.

2. Enigmatic Ed

Enigmatic Ed Well-Known Member

welcome. we will give you all the support we can. im sorry you resorted to what you did and hope sf can give you some solice, youre not alone and people can for your welfare. why do you cut, does it make things better? do you think no meds make you more unhappy and did the therapy help or not, i found talking about my problems didnt and only action helped, by doing good things gave me reason. do you have anything to occupy yourself with or do you just keep beating yourself up with the same thoughts. only by trying to align my brain waves could i get order from the chaos. its a long process to change the way you think but it can be done.

3. Time-Is-Running-Out

Time-Is-Running-Out New Member

I cut mainly because it makes things better, but also because of the intrusive thoughts that tell me to do it. I have been on so many medications that I just don't want to take anymore because I have lost faith in them. Therapy doesn't really seem to help, I have been in therapy for about a year with no success. I don't really have anything to occupy myself because nothing seems pleasurable or enjoyable anymore. So I mainly sit at home staring at pills or cutting just wanting to die.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you sound so defeated but please don't give up okay there is hope you have to fight okay it took me over 2 years but i am finally getting help for my duaghter. You have to try okay new medications out there are better talk to your gp okay get on something that will take away these distorted thoughtsof yours. please know that it takes sometime more then one doctor to help you
    If you found therapy not working try another approach with a different therapist okay i am on my second therapist who is help me ihave been going 2 years to him IT takes time to heal you cannot fix things overnight okay. PLease know there is hope theres is healing. glad you reached out here now call your gp and keep tryingokay for you.

5. nonethelessjaclyn

nonethelessjaclyn Well-Known Member

I'm sorry life isn't going too well for you right now. And i can relate about the whole cutting because it makes things better. I've been cutting for years and just recently decided to stop. I really hope you get the help you need to make it through this.
    God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.