1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, newbie here

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Richard, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard

Richard New Member

Well i'm Richard, 28 and live in Nottinghamshire in the UK.

Been having suicidal thoughts for maybe 4 years now, i don't feel sad, i haven't cried since.. well i don't even know, maybe when i was a teenager?

I just feel empty and withdrawn, unmotivated, things i used to enjoy i no longer do, apart from going to work i'm a complete hermit.

In school i messed about and was always in trouble, didn't get good exam results so never had the chance to go to college or university, i was always a fat kid so i wasn't popular and never had any girlfriends, although everyone knew me, it was more for being notorious as a troublemaker.

after leaving school i've been in a range of differnt vocations, all around minimum wage, and managed to get myself into debt, i'm sorting that out gradually being in an IVA but thats still got a few years to run, i'll be 31 and old by the time i'm debt free, oh i live at home aswell so no chance of moving out.

i've never really bothered with friends because i was always being let down, i've been a loner for years, apart from the people i work with i'm pretty much anonymous.
    I have family (living at home) but i spend all my time upstairs on either the laptop or xbox or sleeping my life away.

i was as fat as 26 stone at one point, but after some weightloss i'm around 18 stone now and look in proportion pretty much, i'm 6'3 so i carry it well anyway. i'd say i've got average looks but women don't even notice me.

In a nutshell i just don't see the point of life, i don't believe in god or anything so no afterlife or anything for me, we're just here for 70 years or so and then vanish without a trace without even knowing we ever existed (from the deceased' pont of view), why should i spend years feeling empty when i can just extinguish the light all together and not be... aware? it'll be as if i was never here.

right i've rambled on long enough, i'll probably think of more to add at some point.

oh and incase anyone was wondering why all of a sudden i decided to join this site? went out yesterday for a colleagues birthday knees up, i pretty much ended up feeling like a spare part, whenever i tried to talk to anyone i couldn't get a word in edge-ways, they all had their own little groups, why be so adamant that i should be there when i'm not even noticed anyway?

bye for now :)

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Hello Richard!

Welcome to SF!

Have you tried therapy or treatment?

I think that things can get better for you and I hope that they do!

I think that everyone can relate to the feeling of being in a social group but feeling completely at the margins. it's a bad feeling

I think that you can learn to connect with people, and that would help you a lot

I think that there are a lot of women who are crazy for tall men, so I think if you are able to pull out of your depression you might find that there are quite a few women who are attracted to you.

also, you may only be perceiving that women don't like you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.