Hey There

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MentalMarvy, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentalMarvy

MentalMarvy Active Member

Hey guys... soooo i'm new here.. i've been on something similar to this.. but not this exact sight... so uh ya. My name's Marvy! i'm 16 :p some people say i give good advice... but idk i just like to be honest with people and help them through stuff cuz i've been through stuff.. and i'm still going through stuff... :p i just like helping people! #yayme >.> anywhooooo bye-bye for now

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

welcome. good advice, bring it our way. hopefully you'll benefit from people here's too. lol my grammar and whatnot there

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi to you welcome to SF

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Welcome to this forum.

If you do want to come here and respond to crisis-type posts, you are welcome. It's best just to tell them "welcome" and then advise seeking a doctor or calling the emergency number if they say something that looks like an imminent danger. Tell them that this site cannot substitute for competent professionals. Tell them you care and wish the best luck come to them. If you do this, that's plenty.

I've been trying to help and support others here, but I'm too messed up to do it right. Problem is, a single wrong word at the wrong time can push someone down the slide. That makes me a hypocrite, even if unintentionally.

For instance, yesterday I tried to tell someone who said they were about to lose their apartment to apply for public housing. But what if this person already applied and got denied? And didn't post so because the denial reason was personally embarrassing? I have no way to know. They will see this little bit of advice as a slap to the face, perhaps, if they're in just that kind of mood--and perhaps consequently pull the plug on their own life. Then I have in effect cast my coin into the pot of responsible causality behind the death of another human being. This remains true even though many other items are bubbling in that pot.

Also, many suicidal individuals are "help-resistant." They post an item stating a problem. Then you suggest they seek professional help. Then they reply with some reason that they can't seek the help. And so on.

You're also still welcome to participate here and share your general thoughts.

If you are suffering yourself, welcome. You've already gotten my words on the matter. Best wishes to you. :)
    .. .. :butterfly4:

5. scaryforest

i believe the words do get stuck in their subconscious though.
    it is all we can do given circumstance of it being onlome wow typos online even.
    your thoughts are helpful and thought provoking

6. scaryforest

i believe the words do get stuck in their subconscious though.
    it is all we can do given circumstance of it being onlome wow typos online even.
    your thoughts are helpful and thought provoking

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.