Hey there...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ToFarGone7, Oct 18, 2016.

1. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

I'm new, just joined...

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hey, welcome

3. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

Hello, and thank you..

4. Cicada 3301

It's okay, what did you do today?

5. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

Well I just stayed in bed most of the time, when I hit a low I usually do nothing. Now I'm on my way to work. I did write in my diary for a few minutes, something I rarely do because my thought are always all over the place. I was still thinking about suicide when I typed in "painless suicide methods" on google, I found this page. Now I'm on here. What did you do today? And how are you?

6. Cicada 3301

What do you do for work? I have a diary on here, I used to write a lot but I don't really understand the concept properly I guess, and like you my thoughts are a bit jumbled. I was home today and spent time with my sister, we watched some tv and films and I made her some lunch. Then I sorted out her phone for her because she was transferring to a newer one and I ordered some things for my dad. Now I'm just catching up on football scores and having a chill before bed. I'm very good thanks, I hope you have a nice time at work and will see you here sometime soon.

7. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

I'll be on here most of my time, this isn't something I take for granted. I work in retail. Yeah I don't understand it either, but I always tell people they should try it so one day they can look back on it and see how much they've grown and overcame. Funny how we never take our own advice. What tv shows and films did you two watch? And are you and your sister close?
    Are you a fan of sports?

8. Cicada 3301

Okay I will see you around. I tell people the same thing! It's ironic, but I suppose you don't necessarily have to follow a piece of advice for it to hold true or helpful. We watched the big bang theory and the hobbit an unexpected journey. I'm not sure if we are, I guess so. She is a lot younger than me, she is my baby sister and because dad moved out a while ago and mum often works or is out I look after her a lot, but we also enjoy spending time with each other. She is very smart for her age and I can be a bit... childish? So we get along quite well :)

Yeah, I like a lot of sports. What about you? Which ones do you like?

9. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

That's a very valid point. Yeah, I'd do anything to see my baby sister again though.
    It's always good to be childish lol or have a "kid" in you. I do too. I've never seen any of the hobbits but heard they're very good. Is Big Bang theory your favorite show? Yeah I love sports. Basketball, football and soccer would be mines. What about yours? How long have you been on here?

10. Cicada 3301

Yeah, I never really grew up. :D I really like the first one and the second one for me wasn't as good but it was still pretty good. I wasn't too fond of the third one, I think they dragged it out too much and really rushed it, but if you have seen the LOTR trilogy you will probably like this one too. It was at one point, but I sort of stopped watching it half way through its run and only watch with my sister now. It's one of her favourites, have you watched it before?
    Yeah, I'm from the UK so we don't have too much showings of basketball and american football. I watch a lot of soccer, but I like others too. I always watch the super bowl when it comes round. Slowly I'm learning the game and it's rules! I've been here since 2010 I think now. I wasn't here from 2012-2014 really, but then I came back as I wasn't doing so good. Last 6 months have been great for me though.

11. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

Yeah LOTR is one of my favorite sagas.
    I've never seen the Big Bang theory, but as far as comedy goes the office and parks and rec are my favorite shows. Yeah American football, the rules are so bleh.
    What made you join to begin with?

12. Cicada 3301

It's my favourite trilogy!
    The office is great too, I assume you watch the US version with Steve Carell? I have to see parks and rec still...
    I was in college at 16 and things weren't so great for me. I had friends and was doing okay in school, but I felt different. Like I didn't quite understand other people, I could get along with them and have conversations with them okay, but I also didn't understand certain social situations and didn't really enjoy talking with others. I lost a lot of interest in sport, films, tv, etc and lost some friends too. I replaced them with the internet, video games and music. I think really, I had a lot of trouble when I started to question the purpose of life, and without a religion to fall back on, there wasn't really much there for me. I knew suicide and depression were taboo, but I thought I could find some support for how I was feeling online as it is an anonymous place (mostly). I just searched for "suicide forum" and had a look at the top results and decided on this one. That's sort of a little story of how I joined.

13. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

Hello and welcome :)

ToFarGone7 likes this.
  14. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

I agree with most of what you said and somewhat feel the same.
    Do you think you've changed since then or has this helped you at all?
    I've actually seen both offices lol. Both are pretty good.

15. Cicada 3301

I've matured a lot in 6 years and don't let things get to me now. I used to be very confrontational before but now not as much. Instead I try and see from the other person's perspective and even if I don't agree I can usually find understanding in how they came to that view. I manage my thoughts better and it's only in the last 6 months or so, but I'm no longer depressed or having suicidal thoughts.

This site has both helped and been a hindrance. Just like any place with people, not everyone is helpful or your friend, but for the most part the people I have met have been caring and supportive when I needed. I used to spend a lot of time here when I was younger so some of the people I was close to back then really shaped me as a person as they influenced my view on the world and helped me understand myself better. I never really saw much value in talking about my problems here because I really struggled with that and my thoughts.. they come jumbled and I prefer to keep some things private. But I have made a lot of friends here and that is really more important to me than working through my problems, because when I have these people here for me my problems disappear. So yes, this place has helped me a fair amount :)

Sorry for such a long response, hopefully it doesn't bore you!

16. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey there, welcome to the site. I hope being here will be helpful to you :)

ToFarGone7 likes this.
  17. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

No you're absolutely fine. I appreciate the long response. I'm glad to hear that and to hear that this site helped. We have a lot of similarities. I hope to make actual genuine friends on here or help someone like I have before. I apologize if I take awhile to respond, as I am at work.

18. Cicada 3301

It's okay, it's quite late here now so I'll be going to sleep soon. Reply whenever and I'm sure I'll see you around here again sometime. You can send me a pm anytime you like (it's just near the top right of your screen). This is a nice place and I'm sure you will find friends and be able to help people too!

19. ToFarGone7

ToFarGone7 Active Member

What is a "pm" lol?

20. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

Personal message, I think it stands for at least.
    The ones in your inbox :)