Hey

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Mop, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mop

Mop New Member

I've attempted suicide twice. I used to be all kinds of medication. None helped. I finally learned to live without meds (4 years) and was actually doing okay until recently. My boyfriend dumped me. Had to move into my mothers. (I'm 37). My health isn't the best. I make $8.00 an hour and can't afford to see a doctor. Actually I can afford to see a doctor, I can't afford bloodwork or x-rays etc. I had a complete meltdown at work today and called/texted the few friends I have and 12 hours later haven't heard a thing from any of them. I'm lonely and spend any time off work sitting in my bedroom staring at the wall with my 2 dogs. Can anyone see why suicide is starting to look good to me.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No hun i think you need someone to support you to help you get through this breakup. I know you said you can live without meds but now maybe would be a time to depend on antidepressant. Just to help you through until you feel stronger. Therapist some counseling it helps to talk to someone Your mother she would not do well if you left hun

I am glad you are talking here keep talking ok let go of some of the sadness here welcome to SF hun

3. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Hey Mop
    Sorry to hear your struggling right now hugs to you.
    welcome to sf :)
    stay strong you can do it.

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Welcome so SF, hope you find what you need here.

Take Care

Rich

5. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Hello Mop, hope you find some help and support here. Don't struggle on alone irl, get some help there too.

6. srilu

srilu Member

suicide may seem as a better option but its actually tough.
    Stay strong.Hope for good and keep fighting.
    Dont ever give up.

7. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

My boyfriend had a mental breakdown last year after being untreated for bipolar illness for 20 years working as a truck driver. However, when he finally sought help, he applied for SSDI and is waiting for 2 more years for Medicare to take over. He is frustrated with the mental health system because without Medicare, treatment is limited and is not as effective than those who have insurance. He is frustrated that his medications aren't working and took himself off al his medicine without doctor's advice and is self-medicating by drinking. He is now an alcoholic and in denial about how that affects his mental health. He will learn the hard way that he will eventually relapse and be back under medical treatment. I hate to see him go through this, but I can't convince him to continue to seek help, but I understand his frustration that the lack of benefits he receives is minimum and not conducive to his recovery so he is just dealing with it his own way. I am just his friend now and not committed to continue a serious relationship with him anymore. I hope he understands my hesitancy to be with someone who is not stable, for I, myself, am a mental patient, but I receive good treatment and am doing well and keeping my stability. I hope the best for him.

8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

if you cannot afford health care then it sounds like you live in the US. As do I. I am sorry you are in so much pain. Very sorry. But I do not want you to take your life. Would it be possible for you to call united way and get some information re support you can get? They have a huge list of angencies etc. There are programs out there that may be able to help you with medical costs. Or other things. Usually United way can be called by simply calling 211. Thats how important and useful they can be as a resource. If you do not get any good leads, please call back. The next person you speak with might be more resourceful in looking through their large database. It took me 2 times to get a good lead from them. I am so glad I called. I found an agency that helped a great deal.

I hope you come back here a lot. And make this your community. You will not be as alone whlie you are part of this community.

9. Mercedez

Mercedez Banned Member

Welcome hun . were all here to support you

10. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the support and I'm glad I have a place to vent my feelings safely.

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Mop, I have recently broke up with my boyfriend so I can relate, I'm here if you need to talk/vent!

12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Akcent. glad you have joined !!! And you CAN share things here. this is a place where people understand ! Nice to meet you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.