Discussion in 'Welcome' started by crazycoaster, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazycoaster

crazycoaster Member

Hey. I am new here and looking for support. So far my summer break from college has been miserable. I have no friends at home. My parents always argue. I dont have a job. I feel worthless. I feel like after I grad college it will go back to being like this summer so I just feel like everything is pointless. I spend all day alone in my room. Sometimes go to the pool. I dont eat much. My parents have no idea how I feel. I felt this way for 10+ years. I got up the courage last year to see a counselor in school since its free but I cant see her over the summer. I am always thinking of suicide. I just want to give up. I will never do anything cause I know I will just fail at it. This is the side of me no one knows.
    This is the more "happier side" I am going into my super senior year of college. I am from NJ. I love amusement parks. I collect nail polish. Avril Lavigne and Pink are my favorite singers. The Middle and the Ellen Degeneres show are my favorite things to watch on tv. I recently discovered I am introverted.
    So I hope to make some friends here... if anyone cares about me.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, I have just approved your post, when an admin comes online(should be soon), your account will be activated. Anyway, you are going through a lot and I hope we can help you get through this rough time, welcome.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

hi CC and welcome...is there any course you can take online or any place you can intern or volunteer to make your time more meaningful? That might get you out more and have you feel less alone and depressed...and glad you are seeing a counselor at school...can you talk to your parents about hooking you up with someone at home when you come for vacations? Welcome again and please continue to post and let us know how you are doing

PS I activated your account
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you joined us. :hug:
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi CC..warm welcome to you..this website may a really good fit for you..slightly desperate, bit suicidal, lonely and not sure how it's going to work!!!! This us and you will fit in great..lol

Can't overestimate the value of talking to a professional about it all... Just tween us, it has saved my life!!! I do not know your parents yet even from a distance.. Maybe is time to give them a clue where you are at now???

Stay safe out there please!!! Don't be a stranger as we would love to hear from you some more.. Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.