Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Dry Absurdity, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dry Absurdity

Dry Absurdity New Member

Life, on a conceptual level, has always seemed absurd to me. I've always felt that most people go about their lives like clockwork automatons following arbitrary rules and routines that were determined long before they were even born. I feel detached and empty, like i'm not a complete person. I feel like some kind of outside observer of humanity.

The wort part is i can't explain why I feel this way. I have plenty of genuine, caring, friends and a loving family but i feel alone and empty like i can't really connect with others. I hate myself because of it. Everything seems so superficial. I think about death often (usually my own) and in an extremely detached and analytical way. I don't want to die but most of the time i just don't want to exist. I wish people didn't care about me. I wish i was still human enough to cry.

I've never told anybody that i feel this way. Nobody knows.
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Dry and welcome.. You seem very real and genuine to me here.. Have you talked with a professional psych person about how you feel?? Jim
  3. Paul S

Paul S Member

Hello D.A.

Hope that you will be Ok. :)

Paul. :)
  4. lose

lose New Member

HYA don't feel down I find it hard to meet the friends I like no friends at the mo, I am a bit out of shape in the face on my camera due to illnesses not very energetic.
  5. Dry Absurdity

Dry Absurdity New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I've never talked to a psych. It just seems like admitting weakness or admitting defeat (two things i have a hard time with).
    I also don't want my friends or family to know i feel this way. I don't feel ashamed i just don't want them to be concerned. It's always annoyed me when someone was worried about me (that makes me sound like a huge tool lol).
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Dry sorry hun you won't reach out to your doctor he or she won't tell anyone and your doc certainly will not think y ou are a huge tool They will think you are strong to ask for help you need to feel better hun hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.