Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Hey...I had a breakdown at work yesterday (privately in bathroom)and overslept today so I called out sick.. (Against the 2 hours notice policy).I'm panicking about being fired.. this crummy call centre job is all I got in life.... Its hard to keep holding on everyday...

My moms constantly in hospitals and rehab Facilities and it never ends.. Shes going downhill and there is no way out. I'm just preparing for the worst, but the slowness of it killing me along with her.... The slow, repeating, constant issues, and er visits she has..its reminiscent of my dad before he died...its getting so frequent.

Im so overwhelmed... I will try to get a new therapist appointment asap.. My sister/my mom Is blaming it all on me and not praying to god.. Because I don't believe in god. its my punishment and I reap what I sow according to them...so everything shitty in life I guess I deserve because I'm not a theist.
But I mean, look at my mom. She beleives. And look at the state of her. I'm always getting condescended to by my only family..

So... I'm trapped and alone. And feel like someone twisting a knife in my heart constantly..
And I get SOO angry when being preached to. Ppl telling me to beleive in God. BEEN there done that !

Last edited:

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
@foreverforgotten Sorry to hear about things being rough at your job and the absolutely disgusting "faith-shaming" being meted out by your immediate family. I'm an atheist as well and I empathize 100%. That said, I'm also sorry to hear about your mother's declining health.

I hope you can get an appointment soon.

Here's a commandment I wish some theists would add to their list (per my hero GC): Thou shalt keep thy religion to THYSELF

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Its shit like this that makes me hate people *facepalm
Is your sister looking after your mother? Is she looking after herself? No, You are, what are they doing? Blaming everything on the only person who is doing anything. There is an old Christian joke which I think explains a fallacy of faith I see all to much:

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

It is meant to just be funny, but illustrates a point, things dont happen just because you have warm fuzzy feelings and pray, sure that helps (Sorry Christian here) but it is the people who sit back and do nothing but pray and let everyone else actually make it happen and then pat themselves on the back for their great praying when all the work is finished that I seriously cant stand.

Matthew 7 Verse 5: "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Before they blame you for not doing your part and praying, they should see that you are the one most embodying the values THEIR God tells them to follow. To love your neighbour, to sacrifice for others, to honour family, to forgive and to not judge people, and what are they doing? Nothing BUT judging.

I cant stand hypocrites, and I cant stand good people like you suffering at their hands. (And I seriously cant stand complete idiots who think you can BULLY someone into believing, they are ACTIVELY making sure their targets will never believe.)

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Wow, your mom and sister are being really rude. They need to learn to respect your beliefs and keep their opinions to themselves if they're not helpful at all. I don't think all my issues stem from me being agnostic...that's just stupid. So whatever is going on in your life is not your fault at all. I wish you would get more empathy from your family, but we're here for you and we're listening. I hope things will get easier for you soon.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
@foreverforgotten Sorry to hear about things being rough at your job and the absolutely disgusting "faith-shaming" being meted out by your immediate family. I'm an atheist as well and I empathize 100%. That said, I'm also sorry to hear about your mother's declining health.

I hope you can get an appointment soon.

Here's a commandment I wish some theists would add to their list (per my hero GC): Thou shalt keep thy religion to THYSELF
Hey... *sadhugthank you..I re-read that a few times..
it helps to know that I'm not the only one... not going crazy...You've had that too huh?
When I waa christian I wasn't "praying hard enough" or I wasn't a "true believer then" or just somehow not good enough. and apparently I was "deserving" of gods punishment either through my own sin or just because "he" felt like it. Just for funzies I guess...

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Wow, your mom and sister are being really rude. They need to learn to respect your beliefs and keep their opinions to themselves if they're not helpful at all. I don't think all my issues stem from me being agnostic...that's just stupid. So whatever is going on in your life is not your fault at all. I wish you would get more empathy from your family, but we're here for you and we're listening. I hope things will get easier for you soon.
Thank you.... My sister is second to the pastor in her huge church. My mom tells me to pray. Just feels like the worlds against you when thats the only input you receive in real life... Thank you *sadhug

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Its shit like this that makes me hate people *facepalm
Is your sister looking after your mother? Is she looking after herself? No, You are, what are they doing? Blaming everything on the only person who is doing anything. There is an old Christian joke which I think explains a fallacy of faith I see all to much:

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

It is meant to just be funny, but illustrates a point, things dont happen just because you have warm fuzzy feelings and pray, sure that helps (Sorry Christian here) but it is the people who sit back and do nothing but pray and let everyone else actually make it happen and then pat themselves on the back for their great praying when all the work is finished that I seriously cant stand.

Matthew 7 Verse 5: "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Before they blame you for not doing your part and praying, they should see that you are the one most embodying the values THEIR God tells them to follow. To love your neighbour, to sacrifice for others, to honour family, to forgive and to not judge people, and what are they doing? Nothing BUT judging.

I cant stand hypocrites, and I cant stand good people like you suffering at their hands. (And I seriously cant stand complete idiots who think you can BULLY someone into believing, they are ACTIVELY making sure their targets will never believe.)
Hey thank you I appreciate that. The hypocrisy is surreal. I am being preached at from a pedestal as if they are better than me. But you're right, there Is no one else to be found. Helping my mom. Being a caregiver. My sister and aunt flat out refused.
I respect your religious views. But also that you were able to reply on a human level. Many religious people lose that I guess.. Thank you

Just feels like this crummy job is all I have going for me. I've had it for 10 months. And to be fired because of meltdown just...seems like headed to the bottom of the barrel again.. and I already feel guilty and mad at myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00