Hey :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by famous.last.words, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

My name is Katie, and i just found this place on google and it seems just what i need right now, so i thought id come and introduce myself.

Im 20, currently at University. I have tried to commit suicide twice, and have been a self harmer for 8 years.

Ive had different problems over the years with family and abuse and all that shit. (sorry, but there is no other word really!) and until i moved across the country i have had psych support for years. I have cyclothymia, PTSD, OCD and i have had 2 episodes of Anorexia, but i am currently in a period of Binge eating disorder, so im much bigger.

Sorry to moan, it would just be great to have a place to feel i can talk without judgement.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hey katie:biggrin:welcome to the forum.nice to meet you. You have definitely come to the right place, everyone here is very friendly and helpful. feel free to PM me anytime:sf:
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey Katie welcome to SF. The members here are great. No one judges and everyone is so helpful. Keep posting and take some time to look at other threads and forums. You'll be amazed at how many people share your pain. Hope you find what you're looking for.
  4. famous.last.words

Thank you both so much.
    i am amazed by this place already, such an incredible amount of caring people.

im looking forward to being able to open up for a change :)
  5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, Katie, hope you find the support you're looking for. :smile:
  6. Raven

Raven Guest

Hello and welcome to the forums, you will find this a pretty supportive place.
    Also love the avatar Calvin and Hobbes is one of the best comic strips out their.

7. martijn

martijn Active Member

Welcome to SF! I hope you find what you're looking for here:smile:

And, as mentioned, your avatar is just amazing!
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Katie :hug:
  9. famous.last.words

Hello everyone!

Thanks for saying about the avatar, Calvin and Hobbes is one of my faves!
  10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF Katie :biggrin: :biggrin:
  11. famous.last.words

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Katie. I am glad that you found us and decided to join. This is a wonderful community of caring and supportive people. We understand what you are going through. It is helpful to be able to talk things over with others that have been there or are maybe there now, as you are. Feel free to share as little or as much as you would like. We will not judge you for the way you feel or the issues you face. :hug:
  13. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :smile:

I hope you find the support you deserve on here. I can kinda relate to all that family/abuse stuff, so if you ever need to talk then feel free to PM me

Take care and stay safe
  14. famous.last.words

Again, thank you so much.
    i cant get over what a supportive place this is.

and thanks again for the offers of PMs, if anyone feels the need to PM me also that would be more than fine.
  15. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome: to SF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.