Discussion in 'Welcome' started by silo, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silo

silo Well-Known Member

hello everyone,
    i am 21 years old and live in las vegas. ummm, i guess i'm on this site because life has been pretty difficult lately. to make a long story short, i just left my baby's abusive father after three years. i have a lot of trouble with self harm and alcohol. i was raped on june 8th and am having some trouble getting it out of my head. i'm also having trouble finding a job and, well, let's just say, some days only the baby gets to eat, which i think doesn't help my sanity much. anyway, that's pretty much the overview of me.
    hope to get to know you all better,
    see you around
  2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. I am so soory to see that you have found us in such a difficult time.

I am here if you ever need to talk. I understand some of the things that you have writtern as I have had similar experiences for some parts.

PM me any time.

Take Care

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your time on here.
  4. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

hey welcome to the forum, hope to see you around now and then.

take care.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :arms:
  6. silo

silo Well-Known Member

thank you all very much
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry to hear you are going through rough times. I applaud your courage in getting out of an abusive relationship. Have you looked into any programs that may help you until you can get back on your feet? You should be able to qualify for WIC and food stamps. Also if there is a Domestic Violence program in your area, they may have some contacts to get you help in dealing with both the rape and the abuse. You also may be able to find some help through some of the churches. Contact your county health nurse. Chances are they will have information and contacts as well. Take care of yourself and child. :hug:
  8. silo

silo Well-Known Member

i haven't looked into any programs for dealing with rape/abuse, but have been considering it. i was on WIC for a few months, when i left my bf i quit my job too and became disqualified because in nevada you have to have proof on income to recieve benefits...seems backwards to me but oh well. i am looking into TANF/medicaid to help out right now, but haven't gotten very far on that yet. thanks for your advice, sometimes i forget that there are programs out there that that can help. :)
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Can you find work again or is the cost of daycare too prohibitive? Any family that can help at all? Being a single parent is difficult under the best of circumstances. I wish you luck in finding assistance until you can get back on your feet. :hug:
  10. silo

silo Well-Known Member

thanks, for a while my son was able to go and see his father for small amounts of time while i went to interviews etc., but he has recently become unstable and was neglecting the baby/taking his anger out on him, so that's out. i'm not sure of who can watch my son anymore, i don't know anyone with the time.
  11. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

welcome I hope you find the friendship and support here that you need
  12. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome!! :hug:
  13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

14. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
Thread Status: