Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've suffered from social anxiety most of my life. Though I have a job, I absolutely hate it and everyone treats me as a joke there. All my life I feel no one has ever really gotten to know me because I'm so anxious around people. I've been going to a variety of therapists (including ones that specialize in social anxiety), and have been on Lexapro since June, but nothing seems to be helping. I feel like life is passing me by. I can't get a girlfriend because no one really wants to get to know me. The last one I had was 6 months ago, but she just used me as a rebound. Unfortunately, that was the first girl I really fell for. Even now I still think about her even though she moved on to someone else long ago. I don't know what else I can try to help things get better. Sometimes they get better for a little while but I always end right back up into this hole. I tried church last night but felt completely out of place. Suicide is a constant thought. Help?

2. Tree1055

Tree1055 Member

hey, if you think your alone in your thoughts, this place can prove you wrong. if it gets too much to bear, i can suggest a couple things that really tow me back down to a clear mind, just give me a shout, but i'm sure everyone else here will have better advice to give you

3. I appreciate it, really I do, but I just need a purpose to keep going. I keep thinking that if I can find some reason to keep going, maybe the other problems in my life won't seem quite as important. My family wants to help, but I fear they're about to send me to a mental hospital. I damn near put myself in one last night.

4. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

:hug: i know it's hard..
    feel free to PM me at anytime you need someone to talk to..

it can get really rough, and sometimes you just need to talk to someone.
    know, i am always here. seriously.

:hug: [<-sorry i love hugs :unsure:]
    <33Rachel

5. Tree1055

Tree1055 Member

well, if it helps, i made myself a goal that did me pretty good after my 1st attempts, although i guess i have to rekindle it a bit. its almost unattainable for me, but i know when i hit it, if i ever do, which i will, i'll have done something worthwhile and memerable. helps me, but it might not for you, i'm not so sure. mise-well give it a shot though. :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.