Hey

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TaraB3ar, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

Hey, my name is Tara, I am 20 years old. I joined this forum not because I am suicidal myself but because both of my parents at separate times tried to commit suicide. I am lucky that they are both still with me, but its still something that has affected my life greatly. At 12 years old I was the one who found my mother nearly dead. And at 16 I am the one who talked my dad out of killing himself when he had a gun to his head.

Even though I've never attempted suicide myself I've definitely been there when you're hurting so badly that you dont want to live anymore, but for me suicide is not an option. After experiencing how much suicide hurts those around you, it will NEVER be an option for me...I have been there and seen people at their worst and most hopeless state and I've seen them get better too. If anyone wants to talk, I'd love to listen.

Thanks,
    Tara

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hello Tara, welcome to the forum. Sounds as if you have a load of experience that could be really helpful to a lot of people here.

3. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :D

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. :)

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Tara, welcome to the forum :hug:

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

7. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Hi Tara,
    Feel free to PM me.

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

boo say hi

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Tara.. Not everyone here is suicidal.. There are members such as yourself who are here to offer support.. It takes a special person to reach out to others in need..

10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey tara :) welcome to the forums :hug:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hello Tara and welcome to SF. You have been through some very traumatic times. Thank you for your willingness to share your insight with us. Sometimes we need to hear things from the other persons perspective as well. :hug:

12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey Tara i hope you have gotten help for you in dealing with all the trauma you faced. It is good to here both sides I really feel for you and your suffering
    I too have watched members of my family one succeeded and the others i continue to help Glad you are here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.