Discussion in 'Welcome' started by baz213, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baz213

baz213 Active Member

I don't know what to say. I'm tired of living. I'm going to kill myself in a week or two, I've not decided yet.
  2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

hello, and welcome to SF :hug:
  3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

how are you?
    welcome to SF.people here are very supportive.we will be here with you anytime you want to open up,listen & help as posible.
    take care :hug:
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF. Why are you tired of living?
  5. baz213

baz213 Active Member

It's hard to say. I just don't have anything in my life that's worth living for. I have a family that loves me but that's not enough anymore.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum baz213. I hope we can help you find something that is worth living for. Has anything happened recently to make you feel this way?
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi baz, welcome to the forum, please tell us more about yourself :hug:
  8. baz213

baz213 Active Member

No. I've been thinking about killing myself for a long time but I always found an excuse not to. Now I'm tired of making excuses. There's nothing I want to live for.
  9. 1234

1234 Active Member

If you kill yourself, I am going to be even more tempted to kill myself.
    If you actually do kill yourself you will remember that I said that.
    And when you remember you will realize that I said this to make you change your mind. But then... It will be to late
  10. baz213

baz213 Active Member

I'm 24, I live in London, I've been in and out of work for a few years now, no friends to speak of, I'm close-ish with my family.

For years now I've had periods where I want to die but eventually I snap out of it. That's not to say that I'm happy when this happens, I'm just not suicidal anymore. Eventually this wears off and I'm thinking about killing myself again. I'm tired of it. I don't want to feel a little bit better only to find myself back in this situation a month or two from now.
  11. baz213

baz213 Active Member

I'm not sure what your point is.
  12. 1234

1234 Active Member

The point is that if you actually try to kill yourself you will remember what I said.
    And when you remember that, you will regret. And when you regret it will be to late.

You see... there is no such thing as "wanting to die". You cannot say that you want to die until you don't have a choice. Saying that is like saying "I will get rich some day". If you actually want to do it you would already have done it.

That is why I know that you want to live. And if you are so depressed and confused that you actually try to kill yourself, I know you will regret. That is why you are here now. To find another way.

If you still do not understand what I am saying you have unfortunately already lost. If you do understand what I am saying you will already start a better life.
  13. baz213

baz213 Active Member

I'm still not entirely sure what you're on about.
  14. 1234

1234 Active Member

Do you want to know what I'm on about?
  15. baz213

baz213 Active Member

Yes please.
  16. 1234

1234 Active Member

In theory humans don't have a reason to live... Scientifically we are simply here to reproduce.

When you start to think that there is no reason to live you are beginning to go down a dark spiral. Because the fact is; there IS no reason to live.

However you have to make a reason. If you where able to do this you wouldn't have felt this way.

Now.. Do you want to find a reason to live?
  17. baz213

baz213 Active Member

Yes, but how do I do that?
  18. 1234

1234 Active Member

If you want to find a reason to live you have to accept the following:

- You will have to be patient (this is the hardest)
    - It is going to take time
    - You must never ever, under any circumstances, doubt that there is a reason to live
    - You must always be looking and always open for a change
    - You must accept death as gift for those who have tried, and not for those who don't dare

Secondly you have to start doing things you usually don't do! Finding a reason to live means that you have to look for it.

It is going to be hard for me to follow this as I am not present in your everyday life. But I can guide you whenever you feel you're going in the wrong direction.

You will also have to consider what makes you happy. For example making other people happy? Walks in the wood? Listening to music? Ect... This is extremely important because it is both the strongest part of you as well as the part that makes you stronger.
  19. baz213

baz213 Active Member

Nothing makes me happy. Everything I do, I do because I'm bored (TV, movies, music, videogames, drinking, eating). I can't remember the last time I was genuinely interested in something.
  20. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Can you think of anything that genuinely interests you, something you'd like to do if you had the chance?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.