Hey ^^

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jords, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jords

Jords New Member

Hi everyone,

This is my first time ever signing up for a forum like this. I usually talk to people that I know and have met, so this is all new to me.
    When I was 9 I tried to commit suicide by jumping on a spiked fence. I ended up in hospital and received scars a-plenty. At that time, I was trying to kill myself for a reason that I barely understood. My entire life, I have been abused, physically and verbally and compared to my brother by my parents and entire family in extreme ways. It seems minor compared to a lot of people, but the problem was I was diagnosed as a Depressive and I sufferred from severe OCD. I tried to commit suicide numerous times until I turned 14 and had a sudden but rewarding change of life. From there I decided that I was being silly and took actions to make myself better. And now I guess you could say I'm (almost) healed. I'm no pro, but I talk to others who are experiencing the same thing I experienced or who are experiencing much, much worse, and show them that anyone can pull through with enough motivation and hard work. I still find it very difficult though to find others that understand my conditions and often I need people myself to talk to because the reality is, people who havn't experienced these things won't- and never will understand what is going through our minds.

So that's my story in a nutshell...I hope I can talk to others that I can relate to.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:welcome:

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

There are plenty of us to talk to. Many of us have depression. Hope to see you around the forums!

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome jords :hug:

5. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

im glad your on the up :)
    welcome to the forum.

6. Craig

Craig Banned Member

Welcome to the community. I hope that you can find help and support here.

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to SF! I'm sure you'll find lots of people who relate to you and give/receive support. Glad you're here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.