Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lana, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. My name is Lana and I'm from Canada. I'm in my last year of university studying psychology (it's gone waaaaay too fast). I was diagnosed with depression when I was 14 and I was put on medication, which I stopped taking about 2 years ago. I find fall and winter months to be very difficult and I struggle with negative thoughts and self-harm. I thought I would join this forum for support and to help support others.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Lana welcome to SF seasonal depression lot of us suffer from Have you tried the SAD lights out there It does seem to help some hun hugs to you
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Lana!! Theres plenty of people to talk to here.. We all suffer from Depression one way or another..I'm glad you found this forum..
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Welcome Lana.. glad to have you here with us.. tc, Jim
  5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome, Lana. :)
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I got a SAD lamp last year and it did help a bit. I'll have to get it out again. Thanks everyone for the welcome :)
  7. zmonkey

zmonkey Member

Hey, Lana, new here myself, and maybe somewhat close to you, in Washington State (I know Canada covers a lot of territory. ;) ). Just wanted to say hi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.