Discussion in 'Welcome' started by renal459, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renal459

renal459 Member

Hey, my name is Katie and I'm 16 years old..
    I had my appendix removed and gallbladder removed in November 2010, so thats a year and 3 months ago - ish, and I got infection from the surgery, which led to peritonitis and it wasn't caught in time and my kidneys took the weight of it all and I'm now on dialysis 3 times a week with End Stage Renal Failure.
    I've pretty much lived mostly in hospital since then..
    Came here in a bit of a crisis. But I'm glad I'm still here. Although I don't always feel that way..
    I ahven't been getting much dialysis recently because I feel so low. I get stressed so easily, and I keep pulling needles out and lines out, and I'm on my 6th feeding tube in 8 days because I keep pulling them out too.
    Can't control myself.
    Told the nurses on the paediatric ward that I'm currently on that I'm feeling so low, and I got told to stop being silly :(

Good to meet you all. Hope everyone is okay..

K8 x
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi katie and welcome.. hope the medical condition of yours is something you can live with some now.. take care, JIm
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Katie, welcome to SF. I'm sorry to hear about your condition, I hope that things will be alright. I hope that you will start to feel less depressed soon. Just keep posting and keep us updated on what's going on. :hug:
  4. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. I'm sorry to hear about your condition and what's going on with you... I hope that you find this site helpful and useful during your struggle. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. You can always pm me if you need anything. :hug:

5. renal459

renal459 Member

Thankyou all :]
  6. aaron_corsa

aaron_corsa Member

hi katie nice to meet you sorry to hear about the toubles your having feeling low is normal for some one in your possition i would ffel the same and for them to say stop being silly is just so wrong please feel from to chat to me at any time

7. SeperatedOne

SeperatedOne Active Member

Hey Katie, sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good. If you wanna talk I'm always here, I'm 16 too so I hopw it'll make things easier xo
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Katie...I hope they have started to ask how you are doing :sup:...and please try to keep the tubes in :flowers:...you need the nutrition, even if you do not feel well :yes:...I am so sorry things are so rough :yuk:, but there are so many of us here who can keep you company, and send some cheer:hippy: (that's me, an old Hippy from New York)...and want you to know that you are not alone here :groupwave: Please PM me if I can send a caring word, or tell you a good joke, to keep your mind off of what is going on :cheer:...thanks for posting and let us know what is going on:paper: big hugs :hug:
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Katie i know it is hard hun but try okay to keep those tubes in Don't listen to the grabby nurses okay they are not being very professional when they say things like that to you.
    I do hope you and your family have your name on a transplant list for a new kidney With that you won't have to do dialysis anymore Don't give up hope hun and keep talking to us okay we won't say you are silly we will listen and care h ugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.